Chapter 30: Wedding Prep

Dedicated to TruBookNrd
•~~~•💍•~~~•

Christian:

"Can we get a chocolate fountain, Chris?" Chloe asked deep in thought. The plane started making noise so I waited until it passed.

"Anything you want, Sweetheart." I answered without removing my eyes from the laptop screen. We were on our way home and to get her mind off the text scare, I told Chloe to work on the wedding plans.

It worked but now she's distracting me from work. Carson fucked everything up and now I need to clean up his mess.

"We need to work on the playlist. Rachel put in way to much Celine Dion."

"That's great, honey."

"Christian!"

I turned my gaze to her, "What?"

"You're not listening." she whined.

"Chlo, I can care less about the wedding details. As long as you're happy with it and I get to put the ring on your finger at the end of the day." I answered exasperated.

She puffed her cheeks and I almost awed at how adorable she looked; almost. I need to stay focused to finish this statement.

"It would be nice if you took some interest." she mumbled.

"I'm only interested in calling you my wife, my dear." I replied honestly and looked back at me screen but not before I saw a huge grin form on her face.

•~~~~••~~~~•

"Carson, I don't care if the investors were going to pull out. Your job was to call me and let me handle it not schedule another appointment!"

"But sir, I had to. They were big investors and your phone was off. I knew you'd be pissed if we lost them so I just scheduled another date."

"Fuck Carson! Next time just fucking page me!" I hung up the phone and groaned. Chloe and I just got home and already I have to head to the office.

I went up to my room and knocked lightly on the door before entering. Her back was to me but I couldn't help but stare.

I can see her judging herself as she looked at the mirror; blank eyes staring back at herself. I sighed; she's so beautiful and she doesn't even know it.

"Chloe." I called softly and she swiftly turned to look at me. She gave me a small smile, waiting for me to continue.

"I need to head down to the office. Will you be staying here or are you going home?"

She shifted from one leg to the next, "I was thinking about going shopping for some of the wedding stuff but I'd like to spend the night here if that's alright."

I smiled and crossed my arms, "Of course you can stay here. You never have to ask."

She nodded and pulled out her phone. "I'm going shopping with the girls and our moms if they're free okay?" she told me.

I was the one to nod this time, "You still got the card I gave you?"

"Yes."

I walked up to her and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you later, okay?"

She smiled, "Okay."

"Take Gerald with you."

•~~~~•💍•~~~~•

Chloe:

"I think Lydia said to meet her at the Wedding Palace on 56th Street." I told Gerald as he drove through the traffic.