Chapter 50: Epilogue

Chloe:

He's dumbfounded. His eyes kept going from me to the letters and then to Lisabeth. He's been doing this for an hour now.

I told him everything that Lisa told me and how I didn't want to scare him so I did the test without his consent. Somehow they got my DNA too and it stated that I'm not related to Lisabeth.

It makes no sense to me. Finally Lisabeth's voice broke the dead silence. "So Uncle Chris is my father? And you're not really my aunty?"

Chris sighed and put his head in his hands. Running a hand through my hair in nervousness, I unconsciously prepared myself for an outburst.

"Go to your room, Lisabeth." I whispered and she immediately ran away.

"I was always so careful with those fucking whores." He mumbled, "Lisa must be her."

"What are you talking about?" I butt in.

"I only cheated on Darla one time and it can't even be considered cheating because we weren't together at that time. My friend had a party and this girl offered me a drink. I got pretty stoned that night."

"So what happened?"

He rose his eyes to me, "I honestly don't know. All I remember is some chick months later came to me telling me she's pregnant. Of course I sent her on her merry way because it was near impossible. She looked so different. If I knew, I would have been there for her."

"My sister?"

"No; my daughter. She spent all those years in an orphanage when I should've been there."

"You have her now though. You can be there for her now. Lord knows she needs a parent right now." I whispered.

He smiled slightly, "You mean parents. I want you to adopt her. I want to give her the world but I cannot do that without you."

He moved forward and knelt before me. Him in this position reminded me of the time he begged me to stay. I didn't like it.

"Don't do that baby." I mumbled.

"I love you, Chloe."

"I love you too, Christian."

He grabbed my waist with both hands and I gasped at the warm feeling. I missed his touch. Leaning in, he gingerly pressed his lips against mine. I moaned softly into the kiss and relax, letting the feeling of being loved flow through me.

We finally pulled away after some time and I sighed happily. Christian's eyes glanced sideways and a smirk appeared on his lips. "Lisabeth, come here." he ordered softly.

She poked her head out from the behind the kitchen wall and I laughed softly. Smiling sheepishly, she ran toward us and slipped in the middle of our hug. Christian chuckled and pressed his lips to her forehead. "We love you." he told her gently. Her eyes pooled and she rest her head against his chest.

A knock on the door interrupted our moment and I excused myself to answer it. The knocking was insistent and annoying and my irritation was beginning to spike. "I'm coming! Freaking cheese and crackers!" I yelled at the knocker as I came to closer to the door.

I yanked the door open only to freeze in my tracks. The man smiled almost remorsefully at me.

"You've grown."

"Dad?"

~~~~~~~~💍~~~~~~~~