Chapter 37: Wedding Crasher

Chloe:

Finally! I sighed as the bottom half of my dress was taken off. Taking it off, changed my dress into a flowing high low dress.

The same pattern followed the hem of the high low style as my wedding dress. Why am I taking this off now?

Well, it's almost time for Christian and I to go on our honeymoon. Before we leave though, I need to throw the bouquet and see who catches it.

But before all of that, I want to spend a little time with my family. Gerald had already loaded the car from home. Him being my bodyguard meant that he would have to come along.

Of course he would be staying somewhere else. Close but not in the same place where Christian and I would be. I mean, we need our privacy right?

"I can't believe we finally did it." I whispered to Rachel as she set aside my skirt. She turned to me with a smile.

"I can't believe Christian actually wrote his own vows." She chuckled, "It was cute."

I laughed and looped my arm in hers as we left the room and returned to the hall. My new family sat at the wedding table.

I smiled knowing that it would never be same again from today. Now that I'm married and all the fuss about it was over. I can focus on following through with my dreams.

However, right now, it would have to wait a little. Christian immediately came up to me once he spotted me, and pulled me away from his sister who scowled.

"Was that fucking necessary, Christian!" she huffed and folded her arms.

"Yes." he mumbled and wrapped his arms around me. I giggled, loving the feel of being near him. Glancing at Rachel, she rolled her eyes.

"You can't keep her all to yourself, Christian. She was my best friend first before she was your wife." She glared at him and trotted off somewhere. Knowing Rachel, she's already calm and just trying to aggravate her brother.

"We need to leave, so come say goodbye to everyone and then you'll throw the bouquet, okay?"

I wanted to laugh at his unintentional rhyming but instead I just nodded and let him lead me to our family.

"Chloe, we were wondering where you were." Vanessa smiled my way.

"Yeah well, it's almost time for us to leave so we wanted to come say goodbye." I replied. All of them talked at the same time, asking us why and if you couldn't stay longer.

"We are both very sorry, but if we do not leave by a certain time, we may not be able to consummate our marriage." Christian explained.

My cheeks heated up as they smiled, giggled and nodded in understanding. "See you guys when we get back."

"Everyone gather!" Christian announced, "All single or unmarried women, please assemble into a line."

They did as he said and turned my back to them. They started the counted from three to one and I threw the bouquet behind me.

I quickly turned around to see who caught it and to my surprise, no other than my insane best friend had caught it. She had a look on her face that was between fear and excitement that had me clutching my stomach in laughter.

I gave her a hug, "Guess the next one to say 'I do' will be you."

"I will punch you." she grumbled and I pulled her cheeks while laughing.

"Wow! Such a cute moment!" someone's sarcastic voice exclaimed from the crowd. A path was made as no other than Darla strutted to us.

My stomach flipped as I eyed her white mermaid dress and the veil on her head. What is she up to?