Chapter 9: Ugh! Interview

Chloe:

Like promised, Christian sent me an outfit. It was a very expensive kimono dress that stopped at my knees. It was black and floral. Black, shiny flats and a small black clutch.

I don't know how he knows this stuff. I mean, it's very interesting that he knows what a girl would wear.

"Damn, Latino! You look fine." I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around with a bright smile. "Ray!" I squealed.

She giggled, "Hey Latino." I quickly walked over to her and tackled her in a hug. "I convinced my bone head of a brother to let me come along."

"Really?!" I squealed.

"Yeah. We're all gonna get our pictures taken." She clapped happily, her short blond hair bouncing due to the curls she has them in.

We let out a squeal and started laughing due to our silliness. My cellphone ringing cut off our obnoxious laughter. I answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Chloe, are you done getting dressed?" Christian's deep voice came through the speaker. my eyes widened.

"Oh... uh Christian. Yeah.. uh.. yes I'm done getting dressed."

"Hey, Chlo. Christian's outside waiting for you." Gerald's voice said from my bedroom door.  I nodded.

"I'll be right out." I whispered into the phone and cut the call. Turning to Rachel, I quickly tied my hair up in a Chinese bun thing and stuck two chop sticks in them, forming an X.

"He's here." I whispers and we both headed downstairs and out he door. Well, not without saying bye to mama.

Christian was leaning against the door of his car, looking down at his watch in annoyance. "Uh..  Christian?" I called.

His eyes snapped to mine and narrowed. "Get in the car." he said lowly, opening the door. I gave Rachel a quick hug and rushed inside the car.

As soon as I was in, the door shut and buckled myself in the seat belt. Looking out the closed, tinted window, I saw Christian and Rachel shouting at each other.

I frowned. What in the world could they be fighting about? Rachel suddenly pointed to me in the car and I felt my stomach twist on knots.

Don't tell me they're argument is about me?  I tried to get out of the car but as soon as I opened the door, it shut back. I furrowed my eyebrows when I finally noticed it was Christian's hands that were keeping it closed.

What? I few minutes later, Rachel made eye contact with me through the glass, then her eyes shifted back to her brother's. She told him something before going to her car and driving off.

Christian then pounded on the rood of the car and let out something that looked like an explicit making me jump. When he finally got in the car, he slammed the door shut.

I whimpered and stayed on the far side of my seat. He didn't say anything. He just started the car and drove off at a speed that I'm sure is about two times above the speed limit.

             •~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"Alright, I'm going to hold you, just relax." Christian whispered to me as the photographer cued for us to pose.

I nodded. They took out pictures of us while we smiled and answered politely.

"Mr. Humphrey! Mr. Humphrey! Rumors say that Chloe Santiago is just some business stunt, what do you have to say to that?" One reporter asked. I froze, so did Christian but then his grip on my waist tightened.

"Well, I say you can all go to hell! This is not some business stunt. Now if you'll excuse me, my fiancé and I have another interview to get to." Christian growled. He grabbed my arm and pulled me through the crowd of buzzing people.

"Mr. Humphrey! Mr. Humphrey!"

"Darla Davison says that you and her never officially ended your relationship. Is that true?"

"There are rumors saying that your engagement is a hoax...."

The reporter didn't have to finish that statement because Christian pulled me to him and kissed me firmly on the lips. My first instinct was to fight but I couldn't now. We're in couple mode. So instead, I closed my eyes and kissed back.

Okay, okay.. I'll admit it. It felt nice to have his lips on mine again. When he pulled back, we were both gasping for air.

"That enough, proof for you assholes?!" He glared at them. It was deathly silent. Not a word was being spoken.

Then without another word, he opened the car door, pushed me inside and then got in after me. And he sped off into the night.

              °~~~~~°💍°~~~~~°

Christian:

"Christian Ryan Humphrey!" I heard my best friends, Roger and Levi snap as they barge through my office with my other best friend Manolo, Chloe's cousin. I snarled slightly at the intrusion.

"What?!" I snapped back. Manolo rolled his eyes. "Dude, did you not expect them to find out? These two are gossip magnets." he chuckled.

"Why the fuck... " Roger started.

"...didn't you tell us you were getting married." Levi finished.

I rolled my eyes and went back to typing on the computer. "Because I don't know who the fuck is going to be my best man." I say sarcastically.

"You can't choose!?" Levi screeched. I cringed. I swear he's like a girl sometimes.

"We all know it's gonna be me." Roger smirked at his twin. I rolled my eyes. Fucking idiots.

"It's not gonna be any of you. It's the wedding of mi prima. I'm going to be the best man." Manolo cut in.

I sighed. He was always the most responsible one. Since high school. "But Chris loves me more." Levi argues.

I sighed, "You're all gonna be groom's men anyway so take a chill pill."

"Yay!" The twins cheered while Manolo just shook his head. My best friends ladies and gentleman! Fucking idiots.

       •~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•

Hi, sorry for the late update. I know it's short but this chapter is really just a filler. Hope you liked it.

Ally