Chapter 43: Relentless

Chloe:

Sleeping without Christian was proving very difficult. I kept twisting and turning and waking in cold sweat. It's obvious that I can't sleep without him anymore but I'm still so mad at him.

I don't get why he's so against me knowing how to use a gun. He's being very irrational. Knowing how to use a gun would be good for me, I can defend myself if any one of Mike's people get to me.

I know he just wants to protect me but I also want to be capable of protecting our baby. The sound of the bedroom door opening made me jump into a sitting position.

I was waiting for the opportunity to scream. I know Chris will hear me. Someone stepped in and to my relief it was only my husband. He looked like he'd been awake all night.

He looked frustrated and a little angry. Running a harsh hand through his hair he finally spoke. "Look, I don't want to fight with you." he whispered.

I remained silent and waited for him to continue. "I'll.... I'll teach you how to use a gun. You're right, it would nice to know you can protect yourself."

A smile made it's way to my face and I threw the covers off me. He didn't make any moves to come toward me though.

"There is a condition, Chloe." he said seriously.

"I'm listening." I whispered back.

"The cameras are still going to be installed and I'm still getting you more guards." The tone he used held finality and I knew I wouldn't be able to negotiate.

"Okay. Just come to bed, please." He immediately obliged and climbed over me.

I rest my forehead on his just breath. "I don't like fighting with you." I mumbled. He let out a short laugh, "I don't like you cussing."

We stayed like that for a while before I felt him place his lips on mine. A soft moan was elicited from me. I love the taste of his lips.

It was a slow kiss, one of apology but also dominance. One of his hands came up and rest on my slightly exposed waist. I knew what was coming next.

The kiss intensified, his tongue invading my mouth. Slowly, he trailed his fingers up my side and cupped the side of my breast. I gasped and pulled away from him.

"Let's just sleep okay?" I said quietly. He looked disappointed but nodded anyway and pulled me under the covers with him.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

I smiled as I finished the last piece of my work. The past few days have been stressful to say the least.

After finding out I was pregnant, getting mad at Chris and turning him down the other day, we haven't 'done it'.

Chris has been so busy with work and so have I seeing that this weekend is my first art show. I can tell that he's stressed; every night for the past week he's gotten closer to me giving in.

The sexual tension between us was almost deafening now. I sighed, looking over at the clock I realized it was only noon.

I'm sure Chris is hungry by now. Stubborn man refuses to carry lunch to work and comes home demanded a large dinner.

I decided that I'd surprise him again and carry food for the both of us at his office. Grinning, I jumped from my seat and headed to the kitchen.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"Inform your boss that his wife is here to see him." I heard as I entered the building. Looking at the reception table, I sighed. She's not serious right now.

My heels clicked as I marched up to the desk. There was a new receptionist and she looked scared. I pushed Darla aside and smiled at the girl.

A look of recognition crossed her eyes. "Mrs Humphrey!" She greeted in a high pitched voice. I nodded, "Can you inform my husband that I'm here?"

"Right away." She picked up the phone and that is when I realized that Darla was still quiet. I turned to her; her eyes glaring daggers into mine.

"Miss Davison." I greeted, "What are you doing here?"

She made a noise of disgust, "Why are you here? You know as much as I do that Christian doesn't love you and I know you don't love him so why not give up the act already."

I rose a brow at her. I bit my tongue on what I was going to say and let out a breathy laugh, "Why do you insist on making mine and my husband's life a living hell?"

"He has been informed, Mrs Humphrey. He says to wait here for him." the receptionist hesitantly butted in.

'Thank you." I replied without looking back.

Darla scowled. I could feel the pettiness in me act up. I am so close to insulting her but I held my tongue once again. I will not lower myself to her level.

The staring contest was relentless. Neither of us wanted to back down but she'll have to soon or later. A smirk made its way to her face and she leaned forward.

Pushing an envelope in my hands she whispered, "I will get my Christian back, bitch. I hope you like your present."

Then she strutted away. Confused, I went to open the envelope but a hand snatched it away. I glanced up to see Gerald with stoic face.

"It's not a bomb, Ger." I rolled my eyes, "Just a so called present from a jealous ex."

I grabbed it back and tore it open. I pulled out a picture and my heart stopped. Quickly I hugged it to my chest and that is when Christian walked out his elevator.

I know he saw the terrified expression on my face because he quickened his pace. Once in front of me, I showed him the picture.

His eyes turned cold and he instantly pulled out his phone. "Roger. Yeah, another picture popped up. Yes we will move tonight when no one can notice. Yeah, get your men to move our clothes but let Rachel move Chloe's lady stuff. Yeah, thanks."

He cut the call and grabbed my shoulders. The look he gave me told me all I needed to know.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Mike:

"It's impossible." Darla sighed, "He's increased the amount of guards she has by ten times. He did it so suddenly, we can't find a valid reason as to why."

"We haven't moved in on them until today." Jake added, "I'm still trying to find the reason behind the increased security. As for right now, we can't get to her."

"Plan B then. Gather enough men." I instructed gruffly. My patience is beginning to run thin. I need to get my hands on this girl. She will pay for what she did and then I'll put her in her place.

She doesn't understand that she'll never escape me. She is mine! And no other man can have her. She's not allowed to have anyone else.

She let him touch her. She let him break what was mine to break in first place. I don't care that she's married, I will get her back.

"Plan B will bring her straight to me and then everyone gets what they want." I mused thoughtfully.

Then it hit me and the thought angered me to no end. "She's pregnant." I grunted.

Jake and Darla froze. "Impossible!" Darla screamed in outrage. "This will only make things more difficult!"

"I agree." Jake put in, "I've seen the way he is with her. She's never going to leave his sight if it's true."

I sniggered and my lips twitched upward in a sinister smile, "Don't you two get it? I prepared for any and every situation."

They both looked at each other confused and I let out a maniacal laugh. They have no idea.

•~~~~~•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•~~~~~•