Chapter 35: Vows

Christian:

I am so fucking nervous; I, the Christian Humphrey! I ran my hand through my hair for what seems like millionth time since we got here.

The girls arrived a while ago along with mom and Lydia. Lisabeth had come with me and she looked absolutely adorable in her miniature version of Rachel's dress.

Rachel and my bride to be however, are running late. Manolo clasped me on my shoulder, "Relax amigo. She'll be here soon."

"It's almost time to start. I'm just waiting for her to get here so I can go stand on the alter." I replied with a gulp.

Roger, who I finally decided to be my best man chuckled. Levi soon followed, "Never thought I'd see the day, man."

Just then, dad came in with a smirk, "You look like you're about to shit your pants son."

I glared at him, "Such a lovely thing to say to your son on his wedding day, dad. That's sure to calm him down."

He simply laughed and motioned for everyone to get into position. Lisabeth came rushing to me with a cute smile on her face. "Is it time Uncle Chris?!" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, go take your place, sweetie." I answered and she rushed off to meet everyone else. My dad gave me a reassuring smile and I started heading to the alter just as Rachel came zooming pass me.

Once I was at the alter and dad got seated, the music began to play and I felt my heart begin to race.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Chloe:

I freaked out when I realized we were running a few minutes late. We were right around the corner of course but it didn't stop the jitters.

As soon as the carriage stopped, I was lead to one side of the building while Rachel quickly scrambled to the next side.

I was put into an elevator and soon it opened up to the side hall of the chapel where Manolo was waiting for me. "I made it." I whispered and the music began to play.

Manolo handed me my bouquet which was a bunch of white lilies. Rachel and Roger walked out first, Rachel dropping rose petals as they did. Then came Lisa and Levi, doing the same. Then was Margo and Gerald, and Leana and Ruben walked out on either side of Henry, Gerald's brother.

My little niece was last, carrying a gold pillow with the rings on it. She looked so adorable. Finally it was my turn. I pulled the front of veil in front, covering my face as is of custom to my family and looped my arm around Manolo's.

He lead me out to the front and I kept my head forward as I my eyes came in contact with Christian's through my veil. We walked in step with the music, giving me enough time to realize that the chapel was completely filled. More than half was people I didn't know.

As we neared closer to Christian, I could feel me heart beat faster and butterflies appeared in my stomach. I could see the look of absolute awe on his face as I was handed over to him.

"You look beautiful." he whispered and I handed my bouquet to Rachel.

Now that he was holding both my hands the priest began. I zoned out most of it, just concentrating on Christian's eyes until it came to the part for our vows.

"And now the couple will say their own vows." the priest announced.

Lisabeth rose the pillow to Roger who picked up my ring and gave it to Christian. Holding up my left hand and the ring, he looked at me directly in the eyes.

"With this ring, I ,Christian Humphrey do take you, Chloe Santiago as my lawfully wedded wife. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in the good times and the bad times. I promise to love you unconditionally, treat you as an equal, provide for you and our children and to be your protector for the rest of our lives."

I was almost close to tears as he slid the ring on my finger. Imitating the way he held my hand and the ring, I took a deep breath as said my reply.

"With this ring, I, Chloe Santiago do accept you, Christian Humphrey as my lawfully wedded husband. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, in the good times and the bad times. I promise to love you unconditionally, always stand by you and our family and to be a good wife for the rest of our lives."

I slid the ring on his finger and we went back to holding hands. "By the power invested in me, by the Lord Almighty, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Christian removed the veil and froze as he looked at my face. His eyes shone with love and satisfaction as he slowly leaned down and touched my lips with his.

The crowd cheered making me smile and Christian pull away from the kiss.

"You're mine now." he whispered and I giggled.

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•

I know this chapter may be short and not up to my usual standards but I did promise you guys two chapters everyday this week so here you are. The cute moment of their wedding.

Next chapter will be their reception where you get to here all the funny things their friends have to say. They finally did it guys! They're married and I hope you all liked it.

Love,
Ally💋