Chapter 21: Miami

Chloe:

We arrived in St Petersburg, Miami a few hours later. It was already evening time; around 5pm. Christian lead me to a limo he had ordered to pick us up and drive us to the hotel.

Our luggage was already packed in the trunk. The drive there was quiet. Well, except for Christian typing away on his computer. This is a business trip, after all.

Still don't know why he brought me along. "What do you want for dinner?" Christian asked suddenly.

"Um.. What?" I asked confused.

"Tell me what you want to eat. I'll order once we're in our room." he said a little more clearly.

"Oh.. um.. is Chinese good?" I asked.

He nodded. "Okay, then I'd like mine with shrimp please." He nodded again and soon closed the laptop.

"We're here." I looked out the window and gasped. "Palm Beach Resort." I whispered.

Christian chuckled at my reaction and got out the car. He came over to my side and opened the door. I smiled at him as he held his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me out the car.

Instantly there was a flash. "Fucking paparazzi." I heard Christian mumble under his breath.

We made our way through the the crowd to inside the hotel. Christian didn't even stop at the reception counter. He was just handed a key and he rushed us to a private elevator.

"I hate those fucking picture takers. Always all up in my business." He grumbled. I laughed softly at him and he narrowed his eyes on me.

"What are you laughing at, little girl?" he sneered playfully.

Christian? In a playful mood? Never thought I'd see the day but I decided to play along.

"Nothing." I said, trying to cover my smile but it's too late, he already saw it.

An evil smirk formed on his lips and he took a step toward me. "Oh really?" That can't be good. I took one step back.

I was a little too late to anticipate his next move and soon he'd grabbed me by the waist, my back to his front and he was tickle me. "Then I'll give you something to laugh about!"

I let out high pitched squealing laughs as he continued his relentless torture of tickling me. "Chris.. tian.... sto.. op!! " I said between laughs. He only chuckled.

"I'll think about that." he taunted, his voice a whisper in my ear. My back pushed against his chest, my body spasming with laughter.

"Pl.. ease... Chris... my... sto... mach... hurts!" I squealed.

"Alright on one condition." he teased, "Say you belong to me." I could hear the smugness in his voice as the words slipped pass his lips.

"I belong to me!" I shouted. The elevator was still going up, surprisingly. How tall is this building. I didn't get chance to wonder because I felt Christian's fingers pressed harder against my side.

My lungs and throat were starting to hurt too at this moment. It was a silent warning. "Okay okay! I belong to you!" I finally let out and he immediately stopped.

I took a deep breath, leaning back against him with a smile on my face as I welcomed the air into my lings. He slid an arm around my waist and pressed his face into the crook of my neck.

I felt his warm body behind mine as he took a deep breath. I sighed and looked down at the floor. It was suddenly more interesting.

I felt really comfortable in his arms. I didn't feel any malice in his hold, any threat. I felt almost trusting of him but I'm not sure yet.

He breath out on my neck and I jumped slightly at the feeling of goosebumps trailing down my skin.

"Sensitive." he whispered and placed a soft kiss on my neck. My breath hitched.

That was when the elevator decided to ping to a stop. The doors opened up and I gasped as I looked around the room.

Three words... It. Was. Beautiful. Everything was sea themed. The colors, the furniture everything except the walls, which were glass.

The view of the beach could be seen clearly. I rushed out of Christian's arms and into the living room. "Wow." I awed.

Christian chuckled behind me. "You like it?" he asked. I nodded.

"Good. 'Cause it's ours."

I spun around to look at him, only to find him smiling at me. It wasn't a big smile but it wasn't one of his small smiles either. It was somewhere in the middle.

That left me stunned but soon, I was smiling back at him, a thought that I'd had earlier on reared its ugly head.

What is Christian's reasons for marrying me?

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

I shouldn't have Rachel get me clothes for this trip. I sighed as looked at the pair of pyjamas I was wearing. It was a baby blue set that consisted of bunny shorts and a semi-see-through top.

The only things the top covered were my boobs while the rest of it was sheer. Huffing, I grabbed the silk blue robe that went with it and tied it around myself. Then I headed out into the living room.

Christian rose a brow at my attire but I shrugged it off. I loose my hair from its messy bun and let it tumble down my back. My hair had grown and it now reached half my butt.

But I'm not gonna cut it. I wanted my hair to be really long for as long as I can remember but he didn't like it that way. He'd make me cut my hair till it reached my shoulders most times.

There were few occasions where I'd refuse and he'd do it himself resulting with me having a pixie cut. "Long hair is for whores." he'd say, "No girl of mine would look like a whore."

He wasn't here anymore. He can't hurt me anymore. I tried to remind myself.

Sometimes I'd forget that he wasn't in my life and I'd try to cut my hair. The key word is try. I always stopped before I did.

"Chloe? Hey, come back to me, sweetheart." Christian's voice pulled me out of my revere. When I blinked, I came face to face with him. Then I blushed because I realized I was straddling him.

His usually bored or cold crystal blue eyes held .....concern. Concern for me. It was only when he brushed the pad of his thumbs under my eyes did I realize that I was crying also.

Holding my face between his hands, Christian leaned forward. "What happened to you Chloe?" He asked. My hands shot out and grabbed hold of his T-shirt.

"What did that monster do to you?"his eyes were intense now. Wanting answers.

I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Please don't make me relive that. Please." My voice was barely above a whisper and it cracked.

It took a while but he soon caved with a small smile. I kissed his cheek and pressed my face into the crook of his neck. "Thank you for not pushing me." I whispered.

He didn't answer, he just wrapped hid around me and comforted me. I think, I just might be tearing down the walls he build. Maybe, I'm getting to him.

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•