Chapter 23: Outing Day

Christian:

I left Chloe alone for this? I scowled at all the businessmen surrounding the conference table. An urgent meeting was called to discuss the proceedings of the Charity Banquet that was being held here.

I could've sworn it was something important. I had to wake up early and leave Chloe at home even though, she'd just had a nightmare last night and come here for shit.

I just about had it with this meeting. I'm going home. I stood from my seat and all eyes turned to me. "I'm sorry but I have no time for this. If you all would excuse me."

I walked out of the room without waiting on their response and hurriedly made my way to the elevator. Yes, all the investors and whoever are staying in this hotel.

Anyway, I pressed the button to go to my floor and sighed. I really can't wait to get back to Chloe. Once the doors opened to the living room, I was surprised to see it empty.

Where's Chloe? "Chloe! I'm back sweetheart!" I called. I got no answer. Frowning, I walked into her bedroom and heard the shower on. I breathe out in relief.

"Chloe!" I called and I heard the shower shut off. Chloe emerged a bit later in her towel, her hair wet and damp, her skin glowing Pink. She definitely had a hot shower.

She flushed red seeing me standing in the middle of her room. "I thought you had a meeting?" she mumbled.

"I left early." I said vaguely. I tried my hardest not to let my eyes skim down as I looked at her. I don't like where my thoughts are going at the moment.

She only hummed. "Get dressed. I'm taking you out." I told her. She nodded but didn't look at me. I smirked and huffed a laugh.

I took two giant steps toward her before she can react and slipped an arm around her waist. Her breath hitched and she looked to the side. I chuckled and kissed her bare shoulder.

"You planning on looking me in the eye anytime soon?" I teased. She shook her head and I laughed. "Okay. Hurry and get ready."

"You don't tell me what to do." she mumbled. Chuckling, I squeezed her butt and she squealed.

"Get dressed." I whispered one more time with authority. She nodded and I left the room for her to get ready.

Sighing, I went into my room and changed into some rarely worn casual clothing, a pair of jeans and a gray T-shirt with my white Vans.

I didn't bother fixing my hair and just grabbed my wallet and my phone. By the time I walked out my bedroom door, Chloe was also coming out.

She looked beautiful dressed in a white sundress and ballerina flats. She didn't do anything with her hair either, just looked like she blew dry it and left it out.

She really is a beauty. "Ready?" I asked, startling her. She nodded and walked ahead of me avoiding eye contact.

Hmm...that's strange.

I caught up to her and held onto her wrist. She stopped walking. I turned her to look at me and palmed her cheek. "Hey. What's wrong?"

She glanced at my eyes and looked back down. "It's nothing."

"Chloe." I said warningly. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I said... It's nothing." Sighing, I leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "I'll let it pass for now."

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

"Oh my gosh! Look at that teddy!" Chloe exclaimed as we passed by a store in the mall. I chuckled at her excitement.

"Would you like to have it?" I asked her softly. She turned to me with bright eyes but then they turned dull as she looked down.

"Hey, " I held her upper arms gently and rubbed my thumbs slowly on her skin. "What's wrong?"

She sighed. "It's too expensive. I only have limited cash that mama gave me and.... "

I kissed her, cutting of her rant and she whimpered slightly. When I pulled away, I sighed. "Let me explain something to you, Chloe. You are my fiancée. Whatever you want baby, all you have to do is ask."

She looked up at me with red cheeks. "But... " she trailed off. "..okay."

"Okay?"

She nodded, smiling at me. "Alright, let's go get you that bear okay?" Once again, her eyes lit up and the joyous smile on her face returned.

•~~~~~•💍•~~~~~•

Chloe:

"Si mama. I am having fun but...." I sighed, "I had a nightmare last night. Of course Christian stayed with me after that." I blushed slightly remembering how he held me and soothe me.

"The nightmare was still on my mind today. Then Christian came back! And he took me shopping mama! And he got me this huge adorable teddy!"

Mama laughed, "Like the ones you always wanted mija?"

"Yes!" I heard a gentle knock on my door and a smile instantly crossed my face. "Mama, I need to go."

"Okay mija. Bye."

"Adiós." I clicked the red button on my phone. I heard the knock again. "Come in!" I called, a little too excitedly.

Christian walked in and smirked at me. "A bit excited, are we?" he asked almost teasingly. I blushed and looked down at my fingers.

"I'm here to inform you that we have a banquet to attend tomorrow." he said formally. I groaned and fell backwards on the bed.

"Why.....can't we just.....not go?" I asked quietly. "And why are you so freaking formal all the time?"

I felt the bed indent next to me and a hand skimming over my cheek.

"I'm sorry, love. We need to attend this." I blushed at his nickname for me and turned on my stomach.

He rest his hand on my lower back. "Gerald will be here in a minute." he said after a while. I simply hummed.

"Did you enjoy your day today?"

"Yeah."

"Um... Chloe would you look at me?" he asked softly. I turned on my back and he put his knees on either side of my thighs and his hands on either side of my head.

My breath hitched and I looked at him with wide eyes. The usual ice in his eyes were not there. They looked more like crystals as they soften.

"Do you know how absolutely beautiful you are?" he asked gently as a smirk appeared on his face.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked at his chest instead. He chuckled and nudged my nose with his.

"No need to be shy around me, baby." he whispered softly.  He leant down and pressed his lips to mine, gently.

I hesitantly moved my lips against his, returning the kiss with closed eyes. I felt his hand rest on my cheek gently and rub soft circles.

I felt all tingly inside. As the kiss intensified, my heart sped up and unwanted thoughts started to wander to unpleasant places but I pushed the thoughts out and focused on him.

•~~~~•~~~~•💍•~~~~•~~~~•