CHAPTER [ 3 6 ]

Previously…

Robyn and Ray work together for an event at their school during which Robyn encounters Shane. He attempts to kill Robyn by drowning her and succeeds. Later, through Nick's help Ray finds her and returns her home safely, baffled at the fact that Robyn was still alive. The next day Ray and Robyn find Shane dead. Andrew is summoned by Elder Joseph and learns something exists that is equal in power with the Noble wolf and wishes to use its power to fight against Emerald pack.

 Andrew is summoned by Elder Joseph and learns something exists that is equal in power with the Noble wolf and wishes to use its power to fight against Emerald pack

Mondays were dreary as they were, but having Biology first lesson somehow made it worse. Robyn looked around as the students filed in and chatted with their deskmates. She hadn't seen Caleb in the class since the accident. When she thought of it, she had barely seen him at all. Their friendship wasn't that special or deep. They were just simple biology buddies, although she felt it had the potential to be more.

Now, Rick had become her permanent deskmate. Not that she minded, he helped her a lot. Robyn had, however, never cheated off him again. She had written the tests entirely on her own and she dreaded looking at the results, which Mr. Samuels carried with him as he entered the class.

She knew she hadn't done well in them, but the thought of hearing that from her teacher made her anxious. He wasn't particularly stern with her, but he definitely could be. It also didn't help knowing he was the boys rugby team coach. He was just one of those teachers no one wanted to displease.

Robyn wrung her fingers together as everyone settled down and waited for class to begin.

"Morning," Mr. Samuels called, dumping the load of paper he walked in with on his desk. Some mumbled back a reply half-heartedly, as anyone would expect on a Monday morning.

Without wasting a second more, Mr. Samuels started handing out the marked papers. "Your actual exams start in three months," he spoke as he went around the room, "considering the way some of you have performed in this test, I'm afraid what the outcome of your exam would be."

He looked pointedly at Robyn as he handed the test back to her. R0byn couldn't meet his eyes, instead she focused on the red F on the top of the sheet. As she'd expected.

Rick whispered something to her but she couldn't hear it over Mr. Samuels' voice.

"We've not even finished learning all the topics yet," he continued.

To Robyn it felt like they had already learned more than necessary.

"So, it's been decided that this class is going to be shared with another teacher," her teacher finished handing out the remaining papers, then returned back to his desk, leaning against it.

"We'll move through the topics much quicker with two teachers, and it would leave us some time for revision before the exam."

Robyn groaned internally. It was stressful as it was with one teacher, she couldn't imagine the workload with having two. She opened her timetable and marked the lessons with the new teacher on Mr. Samuels' instruction.