CHAPTER [ 4 6 ]

Robyn didn't stop until she was outside. She couldn't bare to hear their laughter.

"Robyn..."

Her arms crossed tightly across her chest. She knew he wasn't at fault but--it hurt like hell. Tears sprung to her eyes.

Ray touched her arm, coming to stand in front of her. His hand went up to her chin. Robyn moved her face before he could lift it up. She tried to step back but Ray held onto her tighter.

He cupped her cheek, wiping a tear with his thumb.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, trying to see her clearly. "Look at me please."

Her throat closed in on itself.

"It was a stupid prank--it wasn't even funny," he brought his other hand up to her cheek, "are you okay?"

She looked up. He appeared extremely distressed, a deep frown sitting between his eyes.

Sniffling, she pried his hands off. "I--its not even your fault--" she gave a dry laugh, "I don't know why I'm crying," she wiped the tears from her cheek.

Ray held her hand again, pulling her close. She fought the urge to give into his embrace, but she couldn't. This was what she needed. This was what she wanted. He gathered her in his arms, keeping his hand against the side of her head.

His clothes were wet and cold, but his skin was heated. Robyn rested her head on his chest, and he pulled her further into his body.

"I'm sor--" Robyn began, her voice quivering.

"Shh," he interrupted, "what are you apologising for?" He sounded smooth and gentle, just like the hand moving up and down her back.

He held her like that for a long moment, while she shed silent tears onto his skin. Eventually, the sound of his steady heartbeat calmed her. In that moment, she felt everything she needed to feel from him.

She felt secure. Felt his presence all around her, and knew it was only her he had on his mind then. The world around them disappeared, all that remained was his embrace and their hearts beating in sync. Robyn breathed him in, suddenly having an overwhelming desire to bite his neck.

She pushed back, surprised at her own thoughts.

"Are you upset..?" He asked gingerly, his arms still firmly around her.

She shook her head once. The pain from before was replaced by something else entirely. What scared her was she didn't even know what it was replaced by.

"I want to go home," she said, her hands coming to rest on his chest.

Ray held her chin in his fingers so their eyes could meet.

"We're... We're okay, right?" His eyes searched hers for a sign of resignation.

Robyn thought about the satisfaction Jasmine would get if she gave up on this. She couldn't let that happen. As far as she knew Ray was hers, and she couldn't watch someone else take him from her.

"We're okay," she replied, looking straight into his cool, blue eyes.

He inhaled deeply, pulling her in again. She felt his smile against her bare neck. "Let me drop you home," he said softly into her skin.

Robyn caught his shirt in her fists, indulging herself in the feeling of his body pressed against hers. This was where he belonged, with her. She smiled at the thought.

Ray pulled back, "I need to get my keys from the kitchen."

When Robyn frowned, he touched her cheek with his fingers and said, "I'll be back in a flash," he smiled before he disappeared through the main door.