CHAPTER [ 0 7 ]

"ALPHA,"

Jasmine turned at the sudden intrusion. She gave Marc a dirty look for interrupting her quiet time with Ulric.

Their Alpha returned the teacup he was holding back on the saucer, unfolding his legs. He stood to his full height and looked at Marc, waiting for him to report. Jasmine noticed Marc bow his head slightly, not meeting his Alpha's eyes.

"Daniel has died, as you ordered,"

The corners of Ulric's mouth lifted in a smile. Jasmine felt her own mouth forming a smile, too. It's finally starting, she mused. This was their turn, their revenge. Now, her Alpha will show them power. They'll all pay for what they did, Jasmine thought.

"Great," Jasmine watched Ulric's green eyes glisten in mirth. She knew the pack was weak now that their Alpha was dead. They could attack and finish it right there. But it wouldn't be satisfactory for either of them.

They wanted more than to just kill. They wanted to see the pack in utter chaos, see the members too afraid to even open their windows. See them desperately try to save each member of the pack. And then fail and die with the regret that they couldn't save even their children or their mate.

"That's great," Ulric repeated, dismissing Marc.

Jasmine stood and came behind him. Her hands touched his back, sliding down and curving around to his stomach. She traced his abs lightly over his shirt, resting her cheek between his shoulder blades, smiling.

Only a second later, Ulric pried her off his body and turned.

"Jasmine," he touched her cheek with the tips of his fingers, his eyes telling her 'no'.

Yet another wave of disappointment washed over her. She masked it with a fake smile as Ulric sat back down.

"I'm sure the Beta will call for help," he picked up his teacup, bringing it to his lips, "and I'm sure Ray, or at least Andrew, will agree to it,"

Jasmine sat down next to him, keeping her hand on his thigh.

"How long can they be in hiding, anyway?" Ulric smiled and sipped his tea.

RAY felt his dad's presence behind him. He slowly turned around, his eyes a mix of surprise and confusion. Ray tried to speak to his father through mind link but Andrew held up a hand to stop him. What's the matter with him, Ray thought.

"Dad?"

Andrew walked past his son and pulled the door open. Ray couldn't believe what he was seeing. He thought they had moved on from their old life--the life of a werewolf. He felt anger brewing inside of him, his hands forming a fist in an attempt to stop from lashing out.