Chapter 11

The rest of the week flew by, and before she knew it, she was preparing her outfit for her meeting at the recording studio that very morning. She knew she should have sorted it out the night before, but she was having dinner with Emma and Olly, to celebrate their engagement. He really did seem to love her; it must have been love at first sight for both of them, and the thought of Emma being committed to someone sent a shiver down her spine. She decided to remain casual, with her army green baggy trousers and her second Westlife top. She wore her chunky trainers and grabbed her bag and placed inside her iPod, phone and keys.

 The door bell rang at dead on quarter past nine and Ellen answered it expecting to see one of Westlife’s men in black suits with a tie, but stood there, in baggy jeans, t shirt and blazer slung casually round his shoulders, was Kian himself. She smiled and he seemed to stumble. When she gave him a questioning look he admitted that she made him go weak at the knees. She raised one eyebrow to tell him how pathetic he was and he showed her down the stair and into the awaiting black 4x4. She sat on the seat behind the driver and Kian sat next to her with his bodyguard sitting in the front passenger seat. The conversation on the way to the studio was most intriguing to Ellen, and she found herself staring at Kian for most of the ride. She finally got onto the subject of Jodi and Koa, and Kian was only too happy to explain what actually happened. The story brought a tear to her eye, and Kian gently wiped the tears away with his thumb. She smiled and continued to rack his brains. He told her that Koa was with his mum, she loved looking after him and Kian had been with him all week, he needed a bit of a break.

 They soon arrived at the studio, which was a vast structure; the glass windows portrayed the reflection of Ellen and Kian as they walked in through the large double doors at the foot of the building. They caught the lift to one of the higher floor, but Ellen didn’t see which floor it was specifically. Ellen stood in silence thinking of the ride on the way here. Kian spoke to her as if they had known each other for years, as if she was a fellow member of Westlife, but she couldn’t figure out why. He even told her the whole story of him and Jodi; in detail. Ellen pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and brought herself back to reality by talking to Kian. He told her that they were going to one of the larger studios, so it wasn’t too cramped.

 They strolled into the studio, and Kian walked around and pushed some buttons, then he slumped down on the sofa behind him as if it was his second home. He smiled at Ellen before giving her a tour of the rooms that made up the studio. There was the recording area, where the artists stood to record, the control room, where the volume and lots of other parts could be altered, and the tea room where the security and the other members of Westlife’s team sat down on the sofas, chilling out. They were asked to leave them to it and Kian gave them permission to go home, or walk around the town. They kindly obliged and eventually Ellen and Kian were the only people left in the studio.

 He set up the microphone and the headset that Ellen had to wear and informed her that the boys were on their way but they were stuck in traffic. Kian asked Ellen to sing whatever song popped into her head, even if she didn’t know all of the words. First, she sung My Love, it was one of her many favourites. Secondly she sung Have You Ever, and took a break after that. Kian played the recordings back to her before putting on a selection of Westlife’s songs on shuffle from Ellen’s iPod. The Dance came on and Kian jumped up out of his chair and took Ellen’s hand and walked her into the recording area. He took her other hand and began to slowly turn in time with the tune. Ellen followed his feet, and they were dancing in perfect synchronization. He twirled her and hugged her. They were moving slowly with Kian’s hand around her waist, and Ellen’s arms around his neck, holding him tightly. He lifted her in the air at one point and twirled her around, before placing her feet firmly on the ground. He stared deeply into her eyes.

“You’re eyes are so beautiful you know that?” Ellen spoke first, as if to make an attempt to disrupt the awkwardness.

“Not as beautiful as you!” Ellen felt herself go bright red, and Kian just smiled his sexy smile.

“I love this song” she was trying to distract herself from his smooth talking voice and his gorgeous face.

“Me too, it is so perfect” Kian got closer to Ellen as the song came to finish and Ellen held her breath for a moment.

 The electricity would have been sparking off of them as he got closer; their lips almost touched when there was a knocking at the door. He stood in the same place for a minute until Ellen gently pushed away from him to answer the door. She unlocked it and the other three members of Westlife fell through the door. They were in a heap on the floor and they quickly jumped up and composed themselves. Ellen just stared at them as Kian laughed at them. Nicky winked at her and she blushed. Kian saw him do it and smacked him on the arm and reminded him that he already had a beautiful wife and kids. The atmosphere returned to normal once Shane, Nicky and Mark came into the room, but Ellen still saw Kian look at her out the corner of her eye.