Chapter 35

Ellen woke up and the week had already flown by. But she had woken up to a blazing row. Olly and Emma never argued in public, so Ellen was surprised to hear Emma screaming at the top of her voice. She climbed out of bed, crept over to the door and pulled it open a fraction. They were downstairs, luckily, so Ellen decided to sneak into the bathroom to get changed. When she came out it was silent, but she heard the front door slam whilst she was in there, but she didn’t know who had left. She assumed it was Olly, but when she got downstairs she found Olly sitting on the floor crying quietly.

“Olly what happened?”

“We had a row”

“I guessed that, what was the argument about?”

“Apparently I have been working too much, and she doesn’t see me enough, the thing is, if I take any more time off of work I will get fired, and we need my pay to keep up with the mortgage for the house.”

“Do you want me to talk to her?”

“No, leave her to calm down, I love her but I can’t always be there to look after her and the baby”

“I understand, that’s why I’m afraid of having a kid with Kian, I know that he will always be there, but he does so many things like the Xtra Factor on occasion, and he is famous, so he has other priorities other than me, I’m terrified”

“He will always love you, and he would quit everything for you, even Westlife”

“No he wouldn’t, I wouldn’t let him”

“I know, have you packed yet or do you need a hand?”

“I’ve finished thanks, but can I tell you a secret that I haven’t told anyone?”

“Yeah, but don’t you think that you should tell Kian first”

“I will when I get back” Ellen leaned in closer and whispered something into Olly’s ear that made him gasp.

“I had no idea”

“Don’t tell anyone, I trust you not to tell Emma, cos she can’t keep a secret to save her life”

“I know, but that is sort of why I love her”

“Just tell her straight and she will listen, you need to show some male dominance in this household, you are the breadwinner and the protector, remember that”

“I will, you had better be going, I’ll tell Emma you said goodbye” he was right, Ellen would miss her flight at this rate.

“It’s okay, I’ll phone her”

Ellen said goodbye to Olly, then Emma via the phone, and made her way to the airport. She passed through the checkout quickly and was soon on a flight back home to Ireland. She fell asleep on the flight unusually and woke up at the airport, having slept for a good while.

She was about to phone Kian to let him know that she was back when he ran towards her and picked her up and span her around. Kian and Koa had come to pick her up, though Kian did it more literally as well. He kissed her on the lips and hugged her tight. Ellen kissed Koa and Kian carried him back to the car. They drove home and Ellen told Kian about the argument and the diner, and promised him that she wouldn’t go back there without him by her side. Ellen was silent for the rest of the journey, she was carefully planning how she was going to tell Kian the news she had, but she didn’t know how he was going to take it.

Koa went up to his room to play once they arrived whilst Ellen unpacked. Kian kissed her on her neck and tried to undo the buttons of her blouse. But Ellen stopped him, she looked him in the eyes and he looked confused.

“What is it, I thought you missed me?”

“I did, but I have to tell you something”

“What is it and why am I worried?”

“You have no need to be, sit down Kian” Kian sat on the bed and Ellen sat beside him. “Kian, I don’t know how to put this”

“You don’t want a divorce do you?” He looked terrified and Ellen rolled her eyes.

“No you idiot, I’m pregnant” Kian’s eyes grew wide and he looked bemused.

“Wow”

“I know, I know that we were going to wait a while, but you don’t know your own strength”

“Yeah, I have to tell everyone”

“NO, I want it to be our secret, I don’t want to lose this baby, but if I do, I don’t want to have to tell family and friends the news so can we keep it a secret, just until I start getting fatter”

“Okay, you have twisted my arm with those big brown eyes of yours, does anyone else know?”

“Only Olly, I told him because he was the only one there and I knew he would understand, and he can hold a secret.”

“Okay, so I’m gonna be the father to another child, that is amazing, I love you so much, but I thought you didn’t want kids now”

“I didn’t, but then I realised how much I needed one in my life, to fill that final hole in my heart, well one of them, and it’s kind of a coincidence, it’s like there is a greater force out there that controlled when I was ready to have a child”

“You’re right, I love you more than I ever have done, and I will never stop”

“I love you, and we don’t have long to wait until we have another person to love”

Kian kissed Ellen on the lips and hugged her. He saw her in a different light now, she seemed to be growing in her maternal instinct, and he knew that she would be fine with this baby.