Chapter 33

Ellen woke up the next day and smiled as she turned to face Kian’s sleeping body. She snuck out of bed and put on her dressing gown, she was going to make Kian wake up to a treat. She went down the stairs and her bare feet clapped along the floor as she walked. She pulled out a tray and placed a small thin glass with a rose in it. Then, she placed some toast in the toaster, buttered it and cooked him a full English breakfast. She carefully picked the tray up and carried it up the stairs before opening their bedroom door. Ellen walked over to Kian’s side of the bed and placed the tray on the cabinet next to his bedside. Kian stirred a little, so Ellen shook him gently.

“Kian, Kian, time to wake up” Kian’s eyes fluttered open and a smile grew on his face.

“Hello baby”

“Morning, I made you breakfast”

“I love you”

“I love you too” Kian sat up and Ellen climbed back into bed. She took a piece of toast and chewed on it thoughtfully. Kian soon finished his breakfast and Ellen excused herself from the bedroom, only to return a couple of minutes later for a kiss from Kian. She gently pushed her lips against his and he tilted his head to the side.

“What’s the matter sweet heart?”

“Nothing I am fine, I am going to have my shower now, okay?”

“Yeah, your need is greater than mine” He smiled smugly and Ellen shot him an evil look.

She came out of the bathroom once she was finished and she came over to the bed where Kian was still lying. She took a deep breath and knelt down next to Kian.

“Kian?”

“Yeah, what’s the matter?”

“I have had an idea”

“Why am I suddenly nervous?”

“Because you know that it will be a good idea”

“What is it then?”

“Why don’t we go on holiday, just the three of us, me, you and Koa”

“Where do you want to go, are you getting homesick?”

“No, I was thinking somewhere more exotic than that, it can be our honeymoon”

“Okay, how about Portugal?”

“Sounds like an idea”

“I’ll book the tickets, you just pack and look pretty”

“As you wish” She leant in and kissed Kian on the lips and he pulled her onto the bed. She let out a little scream and giggled as Kian kissed her neck.

He finally let her go and she stumbled out of the bedroom drunk from Kian’s love. She pulled the suitcases out from the loft. She dusted them off and began to pack. Kian sat with his laptop on the dining room table once he had showered and booked everything. It was a little short notice, but because of the time of year they were able to book a hotel suite and the flights. They would be leaving that evening, which was a bit of a shock for Olly and Emma, who had returned from their night away in the hotel. Seeing as Olly and Emma would be leaving that same afternoon, they decided that they could all go to the airport together, and split the cab fee.

Kian finished off his packing whilst Ellen packed Koa’s things. They were finally finished and had a couple of hours to spare. They decided to tell the lads where they were going and also Kian’s family.

They drove to the airport and said their goodbyes as they headed to different terminals. Koa was excited to be leaving for a holiday, the first with his Ellen as his mother. Kian was just as excited, he was planning on hitting the waves with Ellen and teaching Koa how to swim.