Chapter 29

The time had finally arrived for Ellen to see her best friend again. Emma had finally agreed to come and visit Ellen in Ireland, and Ellen was bouncing off the walls.

With Koa at school, Ellen made her way to the airport, to pick up Emma and Olly. Ellen drove down to the airport in her BMW, as Kian’s Ferrari wouldn’t be big enough for two more people a baby and a couple of suitcases. Olly and Emma would have come sooner but the thing was, Emma was heavily pregnant, so she wasn’t allowed to jump on a plane to see her best friend.

Ellen waited by the arriving area impatiently. She sat down, then stood up, paced a little, then sat down again. Finally their flight rolled in and people started pouring out of the little doors. Emma came through first, with a couple of suitcases and Ellen ran up to her, a smile wide on her face as she grabbed her best friend in a massive hug. Then Olly came through holding a little baby in his arms and handed her to Emma whilst he greeted Ellen. Emma took the baby and handed her to Ellen;

“Ellen, meet Ellen” They had named her after Ellen and she was so happy about it that she actually started to cry about it.

“Hello mini me” baby Ellen clung to Ellen’s finger as if she were shaking it in some sort of greeting and Ellen laughed before handing her back to Olly, who was itching to hold his daughter again.

Ellen lifted the suitcases into the boot, strapped in the baby seat that used to be Koa’s and climbed into the driver’s seat, still with a smile on her face. Emma sat in the front whilst Olly was made to sit in the back with Ellen, but he was happy with that.

“So how was the flight you guys?”

“It was fine, shorter than I remembered” Emma spoke first, and Olly just nodded in agreement.

“How has life been with you Ellen?” Olly finally got to speak after Emma paused for breath.

“Life has been amazing, I have a job in a wedding dress shop as the main designer, Koa is now at school and loves it, and Kian has gotten more gorgeous and romantic every time I see him. Life couldn’t be better”

“Don’t you want a kid of your own?” Emma was going to be persistent with this question, Ellen could tell.

“I have a kid of my own, I have officially adopted Koa now, he is my son”

“Not biologically, don’t you want to hold a baby in your arms that you can call your own?” Olly could tell that Ellen was getting upset; he could see her welling up in the wing mirror, so he decided to be the voice of reason:

“Drop it Emma, Ellen controls her life, not you”

“Oliver Murs, I hope you didn’t just take that tone with me”

“Well I did, so leave Ellen alone, can’t you see that she is getting upset, this is supposed to be a friendly reunion, not a war”

“I’m sorry Ellen, and Olly, I know I can be abrupt and it was stupid of me to say something like that”

“I forgive you for being impetuous Emma, just try not to mention it again” Ellen held back the tears, because the truth was, she wasn’t sure whether she wanted a kid of her own, and she didn’t want Emma planting ideas in Kian’s head just as Ellen was settling down with her new job and new life in Ireland.

The rest of the journey was pretty much silent, apart from when they pulled up on the drive and everyone sighed at the sight of the house. Kian came out the front and opened Ellen’s door, like a true gentleman and unloaded the bags from the boot of the car. He carried them up to the room and came back down to meet the little baby in Olly’s arms.