Chapter 45

They finally got home to Ireland, and when they did, Ellen actually cried at the sight of her children. She ran over to them and hugged Koa, picking him up and twirling him around, and then holding Hannah delicately in her arms and hugging her, and kissing her. Kian carried Koa over and sat him on his lap on the sofa, and Ellen sat next to them with Hannah. She fed her, changed her and then set her down to sleep. Koa went upstairs to play with his toys and Kian and Ellen collapsed on the sofa together. They had had a busy few days. The silence was frustrating, so Kian broke the silence, and Ellen’s thought pattern, which was probably for the best.

“So, how are you coping Ellen?” Kian spoke gently as not to seem too abrupt.

“I’m doing okay, I helped that we avenged Adam by getting those loan sharks arrested, I just don’t know why he did, I used to do the banking side of the job, and there was money there”

“Maybe he borrowed before you started working there, like a long term loan”

“Maybe, anyway, I don’t want to talk about Adam anymore, okay?”

“Yeah, just one more thing, um, you never told me where you got them guns from”

“I have had them for a while, luckily for those guards, they didn’t realise that they were fake, well not until I shot one point blank in the arm”

“Oh, they were BB guns, I get it, you had me worried for a minute”

“Did I, well at least with me life won’t get that boring”

“I will never, ever get bored of you, not even when I am dead and buried in my grave”

“Don’t say things like that Kian, I can’t bear the thought of you dying”

“I’m sorry, let’s do something more constructive”

“Like what?”

“Like this…” Kian kissed Ellen on the lips and held her round the waist.

“I like this plan, very constructive”

“Yeah, no shut up and kiss me” Kian was acting as though he hadn’t seen Ellen in weeks, although, under the current circumstances Ellen realised that it was like she wasn’t there, not mentally anyway. They hugged on the sofa and soon fell asleep in each other’s arms, with Kian’s head resting on Ellen’s.

They woke up a little while later, and seeing as it was the weekend, they decided to go to the beach for the afternoon, as a family. They packed the stuff up and made their way to the beach. The weather wasn’t too bad, but it was warm enough. They drove down there in Ellen’s BMW; because of the room in the car, and Ellen drove coolly with aviator sunglasses on and her hair flapping in the wind. Kian had his hand on the back of her seat and kept looking back to see Koa and Hannah. Koa was playing with some toy cars and Hannah had loving eyes completely devoted to her Dad.

They sat on the beach and Koa made a sand road and houses for his cars to drive on. Hannah was in her father’s loving arms, being admired. Ellen looked at Kian with their daughter, and wondered how he managed to give so much love to them and still have enough for her too. She had truly never met a more caring, loving man. She smiled at that thought, and then Kian started to do babyish noises, and Ellen couldn’t help but laugh. To think she used to hate kids, she had come such a long way in life thanks to Kian, Westlife honestly were her saviours. She pondered this thought for a long time before going in the sea with Koa, eating ice-cream and kissing Kian’s soft lips. She had the perfect life, and nothing was going to stop that now.

                                                                                     The End