Chapter 20

It was official, Westlife were no longer a boy band. They officially announced it on their Twitter page, and to many fans disappointment, they were told that this was goodbye. Not for Ellen, however. She could live the life she wanted with Kian and Koa. She had finally been discharged from hospital, and Kian made vows that he would never let anything like that happen again for as long as he lived.

 When Ellen arrived home from the hospital, Kian helped her and made sure that everything was okay before going to collect Koa from the babysitter. Ellen had the rest of the day to herself, Kian said he would phone if he wanted to meet up. She needed some time for herself, she needed to go shopping.

 When she arrived in town, she felt ready for anything. She walked into shop after shop, buying things that she couldn’t afford, but she knew that the insurance payout would solve that problem. She had been in town for a couple of hours when her phone started to go off. She answered the call, and spoke in a chirpy voice:

“Hello, Ellen here”

“Ellen Turner?”

“Yes who is this?”

“My name is Jodi Albert, I was wondering if we could meet up”

“Where and when?”

“In the parking lot next to your car in about five minutes”

“How do you know where I am?”

“I am looking at you right now” Ellen looked round and spotted someone hang up a phone close to where her car was parked. Ellen strutted up to her car, placed her bags in the boot and turned around only to walk straight into her perpetrator.

 Jodi was standing there, looking stunning in a slim dress and high heels. She took off her sunglasses and looked Ellen straight in the eye. She started to walk near a bench and sat down. She beckoned Ellen to join her, and Ellen followed and sat at the opposite end of the bench.

“Have you been shopping?”

“Obviously”

“Trying to impress Kian are we?”

“I don’t need to buy clothes to impress him, he doesn’t work like that”

“How do you know, you have only just met”

“What makes you think that?”

“I have been watching every move he makes like a hawk”

“Why? You left him”

“With my child”

“You left Koa as well; you abandoned all responsibility of being his mother when you walked out the door”

“I walked out the door because Kian didn’t love me anymore”

“That isn’t what he told me”

“What he told you is a load of bull to be honest”

“You clearly don’t love him anymore”

“I will love anyone who loves me back, and who shows that affection on a daily basis, he didn’t”

“Maybe he was concerned with looking after his baby”

“Or maybe he was too concerned with looking after the band”

“They aren’t together anymore”

“That is why I am back”

“Why did you contact me”

“To tell you it is over between the two of you”

“Since when do you decide who he loves and who he leaves?”