Chapter 24

Ellen woke up in the morning to an empty space next to her. She sat up and looked around, yes, she was in Kian’s bedroom, it wasn’t a dream. She got up, put her dressing gown on and wandered into Koa’s room. It too was empty. Ellen started to get worried. She looked in the garden, not there, she looked all over the house, but the pair were nowhere to be seen. She looked out onto the drive and realised that Kian’s car was gone, he must have taken Koa somewhere. Ellen decided to get dressed and then she would phone him. She trudged up the stairs and into the bathroom. She showered and sang a little tune whilst doing so. She got dressed and returned downstairs. She made herself a cup of tea and sat in the kitchen, lonely.

 Suddenly she heard a car pull up on the driveway, and knowing that it would be Kian, rushed to the door ready to welcome her husband. She pulled open the door and Kian was closing his car door, without Koa. Ellen looked confused, and then he informed her that Koa was having a sleep over at Shane’s, and that it was only arranged this morning.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“Because you looked so peaceful and I couldn’t bring myself to wake you up”

“What are we doing today?”

“We are spending it together, and first off, I need to tell you something that surprisingly, you haven’t queried”

“Should I have done?”

“Well I would have thought that you would have done”

“Go on then, tell me”

“I need to explain how I almost became remarried to Jodi”

“Oh, yeah I had forgotten about her”

“Anyway, after you punched her and I told you it was over, I regretted saying it instantly. Jodi blackmailed me into remarrying her. She told me that she would have you killed if I didn’t obey. She said that she would have you tortured, killed and then Emma and Olly would be killed as well. I had to, for your safety”

“You were willing to marry someone you hate to save my life”

“I love you Ellen, I had to do whatever I could to keep you safe”

“I love you too, but why were you round there in the first place?”

“Because she said that she wanted talk. She said that we needed to sort out what would be happening to Koa, and I went round there to tell her that she wouldn’t be seeing Koa again, and that he recognised you as his mother, as you could probably tell, she didn’t like that and smacked me round the face, in the same place you did actually.”

“I am so sorry for that by the way”

“I deserved it, I should have told you what I was doing”

“Why don’t we just forget the whole drama?”

“Sounds like a plan” Kian grabbed Ellen in a hug, and kissed her on the lips.

 They decided that they were going to go out all day. The beach was relatively close, and Kian wanted to show Ellen his moves on a surf board. Ellen was getting excited, not realising that Kian was planning something. He packed the stuff in the car; Ellen wasn’t sure how he would get all of the stuff in the boot, so told him to put all of the stuff in her car if he wanted. He thought that would be better, so packed everything in the convertible. Ellen had packed a bag of spare clothes and other essentials. She threw it in her car and they set off, Ellen driving. Kian wanted to drive, but Ellen said that she could drive the way there, and he could drive the way back. He agreed and within half an hour of setting off, they were unpacking on the beach.

 The weather was lovely. The sun was shining and the waves were huge. Kian told Ellen that he would meet her on the beach, and that he was just going to talk to some people over at the surf shop who were his friends. He came down onto the beach with a group of people, who were all carrying surfboards. They hit the waves and Kian told them that he would join them in a minute. He looked around for Ellen but couldn’t see her. She came down out of the toilets and met him on the beach. She sat on the beach whilst Kian and his mates went surfing. Some girls came down a few minutes later and introduced themselves to Ellen as the wives of Kian’s mates. They sat with her and looked out on across the water at the guys surfing. Ellen sat in the sun, with her shades on, and was mesmerised at how good Kian was. They all came up to the beach for a break and sat down. Kian sat next to Ellen and pushed her so she was lying on her back. He lay next to her and kissed her, stroking her slightly tanned body. Eventually he got off of her, and his mates invited the pair to a barbecue on the beach in the evening.