Chapter 15

Emma’s wedding day was fast approaching, in fact, it was tomorrow. Ellen had been on the phone everyday with Kian leading up to the wedding, and Emma was acting suspicious, in fact, so was Kian.

 Ellen had slept over at Emma’s that night so that they could have an early start. Olly was at his best mate’s house getting ready also, and Emma was hyper. They both had showers, and in two hours, Emma would be walking up the aisle towards a handsome Olly. Ellen was dressed before she helped Emma get into her dress, Emma was making a fool out of herself and Ellen could laugh for much longer before her sides split. Ellen’s dress was blue silk, and flowed around her curves. It had no straps, and like the original, it had a corset as the top half.

 They were soon ready, and the white limousine was waiting outside for the bride and her bridesmaids. They climbed into the car, Emma looking radiant, and the car set off for the church. Emma had a smile on her face from the moment she woke up, and it didn’t seem to deplete on the whole journey. Emma didn’t know the meaning of the word ‘nerves’, unlike Ellen. They arrived at the church on time and everything was going according to plan. The traditional wedding tune kicked in as Emma entered the church, Ellen following behind her, a smile on her face. Ellen had her head down, not bearing to look up and see hundreds of people looking at her and her best friend. She stood at her place once they reached Olly, and he was strangely wearing a Scala hat, which Ellen frowned at.

 The ceremony came and went, and at the end when the vicar said the age old line of ‘You may kiss the bride’, Olly took his chance and snogged Emma, not letting go for breath. They were standing and kissing for a few minutes, before they pulled away and Emma took his hat off of his head and placed it on her own head. They walked out of the church and after hundreds of pictures; they made their way to the reception.

 They were having a great time, and Ellen was socialising with all of Emma’s family, who she hadn’t seen for a while. The time came for the first dance to be initiated. Emma and Olly took their places in the centre of the dance floor, and began to dance before the music had even come on. The song started to play, and Ellen almost screamed with excitement. The song was flying without wings, and Emma smiled at Ellen when she saw the look on her face. Ellen felt like an idiot, she was standing at one end of the room, on her own. Nobody came to talk to her, and she felt incredibly lonely.

 Ellen felt herself go bright red when The Dance came on the stereo, and she reminisced about the time that her and Kian had danced together. The song came and went, and Ellen had gone through nearly a whole bottle of champagne by herself, but she wasn’t yet tipsy.

 After the speeches, Emma climbed up on stage, clearly hammered, and giggled. She was blabbering on about a karaoke session starting soon, and some of her friends would be kicking off. Ellen shook her head as she stumbled off of the stage, and rolled her eyes and she fell towards Olly. He caught her and he was as drunk as she was, and together they slumped down in a couple of chairs, and watched the stage.  The stereo system started to play ‘Have You Ever’ and Ellen recognised the voice that started to sing. The realisation of who it was kicked in and she wondered how Emma got hold of the songs Ellen had recorded with Westlife.

 The song cut out near the beginning, and Emma pulled Ellen up on stage and made her sing the song in front of the audience. Ellen started to sing, and a group of familiar male voices came in part way. Standing in the entrance, were Westlife, dressed smartly in suits and they were holding microphones. Kian wasn’t there however, and Ellen discovered where he was when they came closer to the stage. He was standing behind her, and he frightened the life out of her. Emma was laughing her head off, Olly gripping her waist with a long smile on his face too. The song finished, and the audience roared with claps and screams. Ellen climbed down off the stage and hugged Shane, Nicky, Mark and Kian individually. The whole Westlife clan came in, and the guys took their wives hands and danced to soothing music playing on the stereo system.

 Kian took Ellen’s hand and they slowly danced to the music. He held her waist and Ellen wrapped her hands around his neck. At the end of the song, Kian pulled Ellen closer and kissed her gently on the lips. Ellen didn’t resist or pull away, even when the audience whistled at them or called out comments.

“I need you, wait, what am I saying, I love you!” Kian spoke with the most honesty Ellen had ever heard in a person.

“That is what I wanted to hear” Ellen pulled him into another kiss, and he ran his fingers through her hair. The other couples around them were still dancing, now in circles around them. Emma and Olly came past, commenting rudely, and Emma announced her approval of Kian. Ellen said she didn’t give a flying font whether she approved or not, before walking with Kian off of the dance floor.

 Koa was with a baby sitter (Kian’s family) and Kian told her that Koa no longer cried when he woke up, it was as if Ellen had soothed him eternally, and Kian said that God must have sent her on angel’s wings. Ellen told him of the hidden pun and they laughed together.

 By the end of the night, Ellen had sung a few songs with Westlife and a duet with Kian, and had danced with Shane, Nicky and Mark, as well as Kian of course. Shane gave Ellen a CD of their recordings together, and they had even designed a cover for the CD. It was a picture of the four of Westlife, with Ellen photo shopped in, it looked so natural. The CD was titled The Rose, as that was the first song that she had sung to them. Ellen never wanted them to leave that night, and Kian promised that he would see her tomorrow, with Koa in tow. He kissed her goodbye and it left Ellen wanting more. He ran back from the car a couple of times to kiss her again, but Shane and Mark had to drag him away the final time. Ellen finally felt a sense of purpose now she was officially with Kian, and she felt complete. The love that she needed had come, and she wasn’t prepared to let it go.