Chapter 10/ A Date That Went Horribly Wrong

Saturday has come, schools finally over for summer break, yay and best thing is, my mum made me do all summer work a year early so I don't have to do it now and everyone else are suckers and are going to be putting it off intill the last week of holidays. But not me, I'm free all holidays intill I get a job, which I still haven't got. But I got ready Daniel's and ours surprise date, I put on  a pair of leggings and a over sized band tee, Daniel said to wear something comfortable, I wouldn't normally dress like this for a date, just putting it out there.

"Daniel, where are you taking me?"

"You'll see just keep your eyes closed"

"I'm blind folded, can't exactly see anything"

"Oh, yeah right, never mined" he laughs

"I question myself all the time why I'm with you" I laugh.

"You love me auggie"

"I do love you" I look over to him even if I can't see. Our first time saying I love you, I didn't need a big wow moment or anything like that I just needed him. I just need him to look me in the eyes and say it to me, that's all I needed.

"I love you too August Wood"  I don't know if his looking at me or anything cause I'm still blind folded

After awhile of driving, the car stops and Daniel opens the door helping me, before pulling my blinds  fold off, when I can finally see again, I see a horse ranch. I look over to Daniel and just jump in his arms.

"Thank you, I've wanted to ride a horse since I was five, but I was never allowed to cause of competitions.,

"Well today's your lucky day cause we're going for a ride." He jumps around. 

After going through everything we need to know, it's finally time to get on to ride, here's another thing you don't know about me, I'm in love with horses but can never ride them because I am dancer, if anything went wrong and I got injured i couldn't dance obviously. I walk up to the horse I'll be riding and pat him in between his ears, he lowers his head and rubs his head against me softly.

"Your a beautiful boy Archie   " I say patting him still.

"I know I am" Daniel walks up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, and kisses my cheek.

"I was talking about the horse " I turn around to him.

"Am I not a beautiful boy ." He gives me the puppy dog eyes.

"Of course you are, but the horse..... is still way......prettier. " I mange to get out in my fits of laughter.

Daniel doesn't say anything but he gets on his horse and waits for me, I get on and we head off into the trail. I'm really nervous right now, if something goes wrong there goes my dance career. But I have to keep calm cause Archie  can sense if I'm scared and that can be a problem. If I'm not relaxed, his not going to me. Danny and I are walking side to side of each other having a general conversation.

Archie  stops in his tracks, before he rears up and I slide off him ladding on my back, feeling  like someone just stab me in the back and lifted a stinging sensation in not only my leg but in my back. My world becomes blurry and everything goes black and I can no longer feel or see anything.

Daniel's POV

Everything happened so quickly, one minute she was having fun, smiling and laughing, then her horse spoked at something. She went from having fun to screaming in pain. I got off stright away and went to help her, we were just able to get bars for an ambulance, it's all my fault she's lying in a hospital bed right now. We don't know if there's any damage or broken bones just yet, we have to wait for the scans to come back. I'm scared, I'm scared that I ruined her dream of Becoming a dancer and that she'll hate me for taking her in that date. I wouldn't blame her if she did, I hate myself right now, I keep telling myself she'll be okay, but it doesn't work for long. The boys are here, we're all just siting in her room waiting, the doctors gave her some medication to help with the pain, she's currently sleeping peacefully. The doctor walks in holding the results.

"Is it good news or bad news?" I ask, the expression on his face says other wise, meaning it's bad news rather then good.

"Miss Wood has lost all feeling in her, right leg, due to the fall. Were running test we asked if she could feel anything, she could not. She'll need to have a leg brace and a wheel chair."

"Why not just put her on crutches?" Jonah askes

"She will have crutches but also a wheel chair, Miss Wood has a high chance of never regaing feeling back in her right leg ever again. If she did, it would be a miracle."

"How high is the percentage, of her gaining feeling?" Her mum walks in.

"Five percent.  She's lost feeling to her left leg also but she should be able to feel in about a months time, the damage done to her left leg isn't as severe as it is to her right,  her right could take up to two years or not at all. I'm sorry for the news but I must be on my way."

"Fi..five...per...cent " I mange to say.

"Daniel she's going  to be okay"

"No she's not Zach, I ruined her dream, she can't dance anymore Zach how is she going to be okay!!!" I walk out but ended up running down the hall, I leave the hospital, I can't be in there when I'm the cause. I should have never taken her on that date, she would still be able to walk and dance, she would still be able to do so much but I had to go and take it away from her. I ruined the girl I'm in love with life, how can I ever forgive myself. How will she ever forgive me.

August's POV

I wake up to a white room and look down. I wanna ask myself if I'm dead or that I'm dreaming but I know exactly where I am. I'm laying in a hospital bed,hooked up to a hundred different mechines. I look over next to me and there sits Corbyn playing on his phone, when he notices me he locks his phone, hugging me immediately.

"Nice to see you Auggie"

"What happened Corbyn?, why can't I move my legs?, where's Daniel?" So many questions and I'm not sure if I want the answers.

"You lost feeling in both your legs, when you fell, a large piece of glass stabbed you in your back hitting nerves. Causing problems in your spinal cords, that send messages throughout your body to your legs. In result to you losing feeling. "

"How long for?" I start crying.

"Left one, a month, your right leg 2 years or not at all." He looks down to me.

" no,nooo" I start panicking and break down crying, Corbyn gets up and wrap me in his arms. As I cry into his shoulder.

"August, everything will be okay."

" no it won't Bean. I can't dance anymore, or walk how will things get better, tell me how, cause I would love to know a way"

Everything I've worked so hard for is gone. Just taken away in a blink of an eye, faster then anyone could say hi. My biggest fear has come true, it's all because of  that horse and because of Daniel Seavey. He took everything away, his dead to me.