Chapter 18

"Grass isn't the best thing to dance on J"

"You need to trust , Daniel and you are going to do the lift you did before you were injured "

"I can't , I'm scared"

"You were scared to do the lift even before everything but when you did it with Danny, you were fine. So if you try with him maybe you won't be so scared"

"Don't force her to do something she doesn't want to." Daniel stands next to me.

"Even If I can do it with Daniel, how is it going to help me when I dance with someone else"

"Trust me"

"Jonah I don't want to, I give up on trying to get over the things that scare me, maybe I'm not meant to be a dancer. This is what the world was trying to tell me, I wasn't listening so I got injured. I'm finally listening, I'm no longer a dancer and I give up."

"All you have ever wanted was to be a dancer, all you did was say you missed dancing now your giving up "

"Guess I am Daniel" I walk away.

Don't say I shouldn't give up after everything ive done to get through this. Because I'm just sick and tired of having to over come. The battles I'm faced with, mentally and physically I don't think I'll be able to dance, scared of breaking my leg and damageing it Even more. I can't go through another injury, I can't put people through shit again, not after the two years of doctors appointments, nightmares and screaming. My depressing mood, sam having to dance with Jess, there's just so much I don't want people to go through again, not because of me. Not because if my injury.

"Hey sweetie, why aren't you at school?"

"I fell flat on my face in dance, I'm scared about  my leg, I felt pain in my knee"

"I'm just glad, you have feeling and that your okay"

"I'm not mentally okay, I think I'll just stress myself out if I keep dancing. It may just be time, to pack away my ribbons and trophies, Pointe shoes. I'm done, the dance career I never started is over."

"You love to dance don't through it all away, thinks about what your dad would say, what he would want you to do"

"You want me to dance even though I can re injur myself, dancing doesn't make me happy anymore I'm afraid of doing something I love. That's more danger to myself. My mind is made up,no going back"

"If that's what you want, I'm not going to get in your way, this is your dream not mine. As much as I love watching you on stage, I agree with your decision."

"Thanks Mum, no I just have to tell sam "

"His heart will be crushed"

"His the hardest one of all to tell him the bad news"

I don't know what I'm going to tell sam, how I'm going to break the news to him. I've danced with sam for as long as I can remember, it's always been me and him, the dream team. But all of this was Once Just A Dream, it's time to find a new one.