Chapter 17

A year later

Today's the day I'm free from the leg brace, it took sometime for the surgery to work, but it did. I've been able to walk for six months, rehabilitation has been hard, extremely difficult and painful, I hadn't properly walked for a year. So when I had to again I was afraid and I've danced with my leg brace on but I'm scared I'll injure myself again, if I land funny, put to much pressure on my leg without my brace, cause at least I know if I fall the brace will offer some support but without and I fall, hearing that sound again, Snap!. I'm afraid of hearing that sound again. After all this time of me wanting to dance and missing it so much, I'm not ready to, I'm standing in my room looking at myself in the mirror, I was getting ready for bed but stopped , to look at the scars that run all over my back, and continue down my leg.

There's a knock on the door and Daniel's head pops around the corner, he smiles but it fades away when he sees the tears that have dried on my face. I'm only in a bra and underwear, but it's not like Daniel hasn't seen me in a bikini, so it's basically the same thing so I don't care if he sees me like this.

"Why you standing infront of the mirror again ?" He stands behind me and wraps his around around me as he places his head on my shoulder.

"I hate them so much Danny, they just remind me of what happened and I don't get why you love me, they made my clear skin, all battered and broken, all that happened made me broken "

"August, Your scars make up who you are, they tell a story, they show what you've been through and what you have over come. I love them because there apart of who you are and I love you. Every part of you I love, I don't want to love anyone but you and in my eyes you are still the same August Wood I meet at dance class, even if your skin is battered and broken, they make you even more beautiful then what you already are if that is even possible. You are perfect to me and don't ever doubt that"

He traces the scars down my back, then kisses my shoulder smiling at me through the mirror. I turn around, as Danny holds my hips looking into my eyes deeply, I place my lips to his, you could taste the saltie tears mixed into the passionate kiss.

It becomes heated quiet quickly, my legs are wrapped around his waist and he places me down on my bed. I tug at his shirt slipping it up over his head so his chest is now bare, we fight for who's on top , I give in and expect being underneath him. I arch my back. So he can undo my bra, he moves down to my neck sucking softly leaving love bites as I unbuckle his pants, until we're both undressed fully. I bite my lip as he smiles between kisses, he admires my body but I admire his facial structure and his deep ocean blue eyes. I reconnect our lips, glad to have him back, I flip us over as I tug at his hair, leaving a trail of kisses down his chest and sucking on his skin, before we both lay beside each other as I cuddle into his chest for a little. Before he has to leave cause mum comes home at 7am from her business trip. If she found the both of us in bed naked together even if I am 18, she'll chop my head off, or put me in rapanizels tower and send Daniel running with his tail between his legs.

"I love you August Wood, this will definitely be a night I won't forget " he bites his lip.

"I Love you to Mr Seavey, have to do it again some time, I won't be able to forget it either" he gives me one last kiss before climbing out my bedroom window at 5:30am and leaving me weak and not being able to focus. Even when I'm going back to school without my brace and have dance class to go to, I've decided that I can't get back to sleep so I get ready for the day, people say they feel different after there first time, they feel as if there glowing and they look different. But in reality I'm a hot mess and my lips are swollen and puffy, there's multiple love bites on my neck but also my stomach from where Daniel last was. Normally when Daniel gave me a love bite I would go off at him, but this time it's different because it makes me remember whats just happened and I can't help but smile uncontrollably.