Tragedy strikes Part 4 Out Of 4

A sense of relief washes over Jonah's face when he meets my gaze, as the small whisper escaped my mouth.

"I'm right here "

"Hi"
A two letter word, when there are so many unsaid things, what we did say was Hi. I know he just woke up from a coma but hi wasn't what I expected, but I'll take it, as long as I get to hear his voice. When things settled and people went in and out of his room, I sat next to him while he wouldn't divert his eyes from the sight of me .

" how long have you been sitting, here all this time " he rubs circles on the palm of my hand with his thumb. His hands are warm and pink. The six weeks or so they were ice cold and as if he punched a wall, bruising his knuckles.

"Everyday, I didn't really leave your side unless it was to shower. " 

" I wasn't going anywhere" he tries to joke but I don't see it that way. I look away from him, as I let a tear fall, he could have gone somewhere and not back to everyone who wanted him to live.

"Hey its a joke, I'm right here and not going anywhere" I bite my lip and look him dead in the eyes

"But you could have and that's my point, because I've realised that I'm in love with you Jonah. If you died while I knew it was my fault, for you turning that bus around. I would have never forgiven myself if any of you died, because of me when all five of you have done is be there for me. Love me and all my flaws, who knows what would have happened."

"I love you too, and I wouldn't have blamed you because it was my choice. I would only blame myself, and I do for putting everyone through this. By the boys getting injured and causing such worry among our family and friends."

"Can I kiss you?" The confusion on his face is evident as if , I asked him one of the most difficult questions in the world.

"Normally that's what I should be asking you "

"At this current moment you can't really come all that close to me, so I have to come to you. Why not break those stereotypes of males asking girls to kiss them as well"

"Just come here" as he lays propped up by his pillows and bed I lean over and place a soft hand on his cheek, pressing my lips to his. His lips are plump and a bit busted. But I kiss him softly but passionately.

"I've been waiting to kiss you for awhile since the last time we did." He smiles as my cheeks flush.

"Oh sorry " a newly dyed blonde hair Tate walks into the room. Just as we break away from our kiss.

"It's okay, I'll give you guys some time " I give her a small smile and leave the room.

They had something between them going on before we ever developed feelings for another, so I'm not surprised she's here, maybe she can comfort him in a way I can't. Talk to him about the things he may not be able to speak about with me. And that's okay, he has a decision to make because I know he still likes her or even in love with her. I wouldn't blame him for picking her, She's gorgeous, one of the kindest people out there and all he deserves is happiness. Sure I'll be sadden by the fact me telling him I loved him wasn't enough but for once I have to put myself and my feelings aside, do what is right for someone else.

Daniel's pov

All I ever wanted for her was to be happy, I may have some blanks spots in my memory but I remember enough to know that she means the world to me. That I will no longer stand in her way of finding happiness, as she deserves to be loved by someone who won't break her heart.

"Hey man, you feeling alright " Zach walks into the waiting room.

This place has become like a home for the six or so weeks, the waiting or sitting in Jonah's room. Endless hours just passing by filled with worry.

"Yeah, she loves him doesn't she ?"

"I think so and he feels the same way. "

"I couldn't imagine her with anyone else but me, I loved her. But I should just let her to be happy and I'll continue to love her just not in the way I originally did. "

"You'll find someone, your Daniel Seavey "

"It's only a name" A name that doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone.

"A name to a man someone fell in love with "

"Okay Dr Phil "

Since when did Zach became sincere or find those words within to actually express them.

Two months later

Jonah has been out of the hospital for awhile and recovering well, he still has his challenges as he goes to physiotherapy three times a week to help him walk again. Him and I haven't became a couple as it's just better for him to focus on getting better then worrying about me. The boys canceled the rest of the tour intill Jonah recovers and is well enough to perform again. Tate has been around more while I've been with Noodles and bean as well as Gabbie. Trying to get back to regular life. In all honesty I've just been trying to stay out of everyone's way but not isolate myself from everyone when they need the support right now. The boys broken bones may have healed but there will always be a Mental scar of the bus crash that will keep them up at night. But we're all just glad that this tragedy has past and life can be just be lived again.