Chapter 13/ You Didn't Sign Up For This

I woke up in the middle of the night with the most horrific pain shooting up in my back, it's unexplainable. And I can't help but scream, My mum comes running down the stairs and burst into my room.

"August what's wrong?"

"My back hurts, really bad mum,"

"When did it start hurting."

"An hour ago and it hasn't stop, it feels like someone stab me a million times"

"I'll call Dr foster" she says as she walks out of my room.

I try sitting up, when I'm able to I take off my brace, slip on a pair of leggings and just put a jumper on, I leave my hair in the messy bun. Mum comes back into my room, telling me that I'm lucky cause Dr foster was working a night shift, mum doesn't bother getting ready she just walks out in her pjs with her hair brushed. An hour later were at the hospital in Dr foster office, he couldn't figure out what it was without doing a scan.

"Am I going to be okay mum?" I ask worried.

"Yes sweetheart you'll be okay" I don't believe her, she can't look me in eyes and tell me I'm going to be okay, I know when my mum's scared because she bites her thumb. Which she is currently doing, I move her hand away from her mouth and give her I know your lying look. I'm afraid that something's gone wrong or that I could be getting feeling back, a part of my wants to get feeling back and that's all I've been wanting but then a part of me doesn't, I don't think I'll be able to go through rehab and starting from the bottom and working my way to the top again. I don't want any of the boys to have to keep going through this with me, they shouldn't have to it's not what they signed up for when becoming my friend. I need them but they shouldn't have to go though this with me, this is my battle to face not there's. I close my eyes as I go through to get my scans, I don't want to open them, intill I'm out this thing which scares me. A lot about being in hospital and seeing doctors scare me, I wish Corbyn was here so he could talk to me and calm me down. I need my bestfriend right now but like I said they shouldn't have to go through all of this. After everything's done, they couldn't figure out what's wrong, they said I will need to stay for a day or two to see what's the problem. There doctors they should know what's happening, shouldn't they? I mean someone could have been in the same position as I am. Funny thing is my leg that I have no feeling in, is also the leg I broke when Harry dropped me.

Corbyn comes walking into my room holding a get well soon balloon.

"Hey Bean"

"Hey auggie, hey ya doing?"

"I'm okay now, they gave me some pain killers for my back but they want me to stay for however long to monitor me, you should be in bed it's 4am." He comes over and sits on my bed.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since 1am" I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Corbyn you shouldn't have to go through this, it isn't what you signed up for, none of you you did."

"August we all love you and we wouldn't want to be anywhere but here." Zach and everyone else walks in, even Daniel.

"Really" I look down to them.

"Really" Jack lifts my chin and smiles at me.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too auggie" Daniel cuts in.

"We'll wait outside" everyone walks out but Daniel.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch Danny, you didn't deserve any of it, it wasn't your fault it was mine"

"I deserve everything you said, it was my fault If I didn't take you on that date you wouldn't be here. You could still walk and dance."

"It was bound to happen at some point were I got injured, it was just my time I guess and my body's been telling me for awhile that I need a break. Daniel I don't want to fight anymore, I love you to much to lose you."

"I love you too, so August Wood, will you be my girlfriend again?"

" I would love to be your girlfriend." I press my lips to his and kiss him passionately.

"I'm glad your mine again." He smiles between the kiss.

Everyone comes back into the room, they never lift even though I told them to, they should leave cause they have a meeting today and with no sleep there running on empty. My pain killers are completely gone from my system now and I'm in pain again, I'm trying not to scream but it's kinda hard. I lay on my side to see if it eases the pain, it does for a bit before I feel like screaming again. Dr foster comes back into the room once more to tell me that I'm free to go and that they have a result from my scan. They said something along the lines of my body sending signals throughout my body but it resulted to pain and all of that means I could be regaining feeling I don't know I wasn't really listening to him, I just wanted to go home. Jonah drove everyone here in the van and my mum went home an hour ago so I guess I'm going with the boys. The doctors wouldn't give me anymore pain killers, they just said wait it out. I'm going to stay with the boys for the rest of the day cause there not busy anymore, their meeting got pushed back another week . Danny and Jack help me up the stairs, before handing me my crutches and Daniel and I walk into his room. We climb under the sheets as I cuddle next to him and fall asleep right away.