Chapter 4 What We Can Become

At this moment I'm sitting in  the van with all the boys on our way to Sam's house. Sam didn't really care that I was bring anyone, he said the more the merrier. I'm wearing leggings and a white crop top, I didn't bother putting any shoes on because I Would just be changing out of them constantly. Cause I'm going to be wearing my point shoes and going bare foot, I'm not only doing the duet but Sam is also helping me work on my solo.

We arrive at Sam's, I introduce him to everyone and they seem to get along well. We get into the duet straight away, while the boys sit and watch.

Daniel's POV

Seeing her dance with Sam makes me think if there more then just friends, I know it's her ex boyfriend but it seems like there together. I hope there not cause I'm starting to like August and want to see where we're going, what we could become, this Sam guy could get in the way. I know there dancing but the way they look at each other, you can tell there's something between them. Something you can't come between and that makes me worried. I like watching her dance though, she's talented, you can tell she works her butt off to be the best it shows and she doesn't give herself enough credit.

"Don't drop me Sam!" She laughs

"I'm not going to drop you, again"

"You said that last time and what did you do, YOU DROPPED ME and popped my shoulder out"

"That was one time, like two years ago Auggie"

"It was two weeks ago Sam"  she hits his shoulder playfully.

"Trust me"

"I trust you more then anyone, so don't drop me, you know I'm scared when I'm doing lifts, you know how I felt when I broke my leg after Harry dropped me" she turns to him looking him  in his eyes and places her hand in the side of his face.

"I know and I'm not going to drop you, promise"

He lifts her up but August kinda chickens out and asks to be put down.

"Can I try it with you August?" I walk up to her and ask.

"You don't even know how to hold her and no to sound rude but you don't look as if you can lift her." Sam cuts in.

"I'm stronger then I look"

He really is, i think to myself remembering the way his body looked in the pool. How inappropriate my thoughts have become.

"You should see his abs and plus that really skinny kid lifts Jess and we are about the same weight " August pokes my chest.

"Fine, but don't drop her "

"I won't"

"So you have to put your hand on  my waist first, then lift me up over your head, I'll arch my back that's when you start to spin." (Sorry if I explained it poorly)

I lift her up and it goes to plan and I start spinning, when she ask to be put down I do as she ask and there's no drama. She hugs me tightly looking me in the eyes, I wanna kiss her but I've know her what a week not even. So I'm not  going to, Sam walks back over doesn't say anything they just get back to it.

Once they went through the duet a couple of times, August puts her point shoes on for her solo. Her eyes light up when her music starts, you see the passion she has for what she does, it makes me like her even more and it's nice to see she shares so much passion for what she does as I do for singing.

Corbyn walks over to me and ask if he can talk to me outside.

"You like her don't you?, all jokes aside do you like her?"

"I do but I'm not making a move, I've known her less then a week."

"Good because me and August have become really close and I don't want you to hurt her Danny, plus she just turned seventeen"

"I'm not going to hurt her and why does her age matter."

"She's still a kid, don't go breaking her heart "

August's POV

Daniel and Corbyn have been out talking for awhile but I kinda just brush it off and keep dancing. But when Daniel lifted me up, I felt free, like my fear disappeared and the butterflies where for a different propose. It felt as if nothing else mattered, it was just me and him, even though I haven't known Danny that long I trust him. Maybe even more then Sam and that's saying a lot because of what Sam and I have been through together. I've been his friend for 12 years since primary school. But I have never felt safer then I have when I was in Daniel's arms. He calmed me down, made me feel something I've never felt, he made me feel as if we have something different, I wanna see what we become, I can't wait till that day comes.