Chapter 4- Understanding

Understanding??? Maybe this chapter will help me understand the point of this story better???

Embersoar followed Dragonclaw through the dark, soggy leaves of the holly bushes. Embersoar hissed as a thorn pricked her pelt. Who knew pushing through bushes was so... pointy?
Omg I'm already annoyed

"You're going to have to start getting used to that," Dragonclaw purred, amusement clear in his voice. "Almost every bush in this place has thorns, and the ones who don't, are stinging nettle."
Again with the commas

That's when it occurred to Embersoar. Where were they? (Oh NOWW you wonder) Embersoar glanced up from the thorny bushes to look at Dragonclaw's striped tail. Should I ask him a question? Embersoar thought as she trod on a thorn, and stopped to pull it out. He doesn't seem like the most patient cat... But, how else am I going to learn?
Sure, Embers. You do that.

"Dragonclaw?" Embersoar meowed somewhat nervously.
Why would you call him by his name that's creepy

Dragonclaw slowed and turned his brown-and-black head to look at Embersoar.

"Yes?"

"What exactly is this place?"

Dragonclaw sighed, then sat down in a not- as- thorny clearing, gesturing for her to sit down with him.
Story time

"Embersoar," He said, his icy gaze boaring into her. "I need you to listen very closely."
Intense.

Embersoar nodded. How complicated could it be?

"This is Lavapride."
Lava. LAVA???

All of a sudden, memories came flooding back to her, like a giant wave of icy water. There were four prides. Oceanpride, Sunpride, Darkpride, and Lifepride. Embersoar lived in Lifepride. Or at least, she did. There were also Skypride and Lavapride. Skypride is where the good cats with brave claws, and pure hearts went to Skypride. Cats with merciless claws and dark hearts went to Lavapride.
Wait. Does that mean I'm... dead?
Good job, you put the pieces together. Took ya long enough.

"Lavapride!" Embersoar exclaimed. "But... how? Where did I go wrong?"
WHERE DID IIII GO WRONG I LOST A FRIEND sorry

Dragonclaw sighed sadly, his icy gaze clouding.
Stop being dramatic

"I thought you would say that." he meowed, his voice brimming with sadness. "You see, we used to be Skypride, and those that call themselves Skypride, are really Lavapride. He paused, his voice cracking. "They stole our light, they stole our territory, and they stole our pride."
I hope she doesn't believe this

He looked up, his eyes misted. "But, we will not stop, not until every one of those Lavapride scum pay for what they did to us."

Embersoar gasped, her eyes watered with sympathy for Dragonclaw, for all of Skypride.
She hecking believes him

"I'm so sorry..." She murmured, her tail inching closer to Dragonclaw's. "What they did will not go unavenged."
DO YOU NOT REMEMBER TEN MINUTES AGO WHEN FINCH TRIED TO RIP YOUR FOOT OFF

Embersoar felt her tail brush Dragonclaw's pelt, and he stiffened, as if he were not used to being comforted, then slowly relaxed.
*cringe*

"You are right, Embersoar." He meowed, his voice as smooth as honey. "Lavapride will pay for this."
Heck