Chapter 3- Darkpride

I'm beginning to sense a theme with these titles.

Embersoar stretched, her glossy black raven wings brushing the branch above her. She sat down and yawned, her jaws stretching so wide, she felt like she could fit a whole rabbit in them.
Embers, finally omg. Stop being late to your own book.

Embersoar glanced down at the dark mushy ground, almost gagging at the thought of touching it.
And we get even more unneeded emphasis on how terrible hell is.

Suddenly, a cat emerged soundlessly from the bushes.

Amberscar!
Remember him? That random side character who existed only so Embers could beat him up?

Embersoar didn't move a muscle, trying to think to herself.

I am one with the tree... just a tree branch... She thought, willing the amber tom to move on.
Wait, why are you scared of him? You beat him, remember? And you have to had seen him since last book.

Amberscar paused, his nose twitching, and looked around cautiously.

"Embersoar?" He called out quietly, his voice nervous. "Are you there? Please come out..."
Wait wot

Without thinking, Embersoar glided down from the wet tree, and bowled the transparent tom over.
*glides delicately from tree* *somehow gathers enough kinetic energy to knock large tom down*

"oomph!" He grunted. "Embersoar, stop! I helped you help that silver cat escape!"
You what?

Embersoar froze for a second, then hesitantly got off of him.
You what?

"I was running after her, curious that she wasn't dark like the rest of us," He continued, shaking his pelt. "Darktuft had spotted her and was going for her." Amberscar paused to catch his breath. "I attacked him, covering his muzzle so I didn't spook the silver cat, and she went straight through the Skypride border!"
But why???? Irrelevant secondary character #3 would definitely notify Fluffstar of this.

Embersoar stared at Amberscar in astonishment and relief.

"Oh, thank you so much, Amberscar!" She meowed delightfully. "How can I ever repay you?"
Amber just got promoted from secondary to relevant secondary.

"You don't have to," He meowed, his voice as smooth as honey.
Woah I'm suddenly uncomfortable what just happened?

Embersoar purred in delight, and then surprising herself, she touched her nose to his.
EMBERS NO

She stared into Amberscar's glowing yellow eyes as he stared into Embersoar's burning orange eyes.
EMBERS WHY

Maybe it was straight out joy, maybe it was because she was desperate to love someone, or maybe she was just plain crazy, but she had touched noses with him.
EMBERS STOP

Embersoar was the first to back away, her heartbeat pounding in her chest.
HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!!

Amberscar looked the same.
AMBER DON'T ENCOURAGE HER

Maybe it isn't impossible to love...
EMBERS I WILL COME OVER THERE TO SLAP YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?! NOW US READERS HAVE TO ENDURE YOUR POINTLESS CRINGE OF A RELATIONSHIP
WITH SUDDENLY-RELEVANT SECONDARY CHARACTER #2