Prologue

Flowerpetal wheezed. "Rainleaf... Please... get Loudpaw and Spottedpaw..."
Rainleaf paused. "Oh, Flowerpetal," Rainleaf mewed. "You aren't going to let greencough beat you yet, are you?"
Flowerpetal looked up, her tired gaze intense and knowing. "Skypride is calling me, I want to say goodbye to my kits."
Also I have no control over what my internal organs do, but thanks for the encouragement anyway.

Rainleafs eyes misted. Flowerpetal was a mottled light brown and black she-cat. Strong willed and proud. Her mate, Ambertail, died in a ferocious battle with Darkpride about nine moons ago.
Enter: evil ShadowClan stereotype.

Lifepride would miss her. But not as much as her kits, Spottedpaw and Loudpaw would. Rainleaf paused, wondering if she should leave the dying she-cat.
Imagine Loudkit being introduced to the Pride. Err, Flowerpetal wtf

"Go!" Flowerpetal wheezed. "Before it's too late!"
Rainleaf dashed out of the den, almost skidding into Spottedpaw and Loudpaw, who were huddled outside the den, their ears pricked and thier eyes huge.
"Is mother gonna be okay?" Asked Loudpaw, his stripped muzzle quivering.
Wait this is actually really sad- I want to draw this. Brb.

Now you can be sad, too

"Come, you two." murmured Rainleaf, not wanting to answer Loudpaw's question. Spottedpaw whimpered when she spotted her unwashed, sick mother, laying in her nest coughing. Spottedpaw dashed over, Loudpaw on her tail.
The improper use of commas boils my blood, but middle school me gets a pass. For now.

Flowerpetal gasped to catch her breath. "Spottedpaw..." She whispered, her breaths becoming more shallow. "You will be a great medicine cat..."
"And you will be able to see me, when we get you better!" Spottedpaw whimpered frantically, swinging her head around, looking for catmint.
This is genuinely heartbreaking, wow.

"No, Spottedpaw..." Flowerpetals voice sounded weaker, more far away. "Loudpaw... You will become an amazing warrior the prides will never forget..." Loudpaw whimpered. "Please don't go... we need you!"
"Goodbye, my beloved kits..." Flowerpetal sighed. "Ambertail...?" Flowerpetal's head dropped, her eyes clouded.
Dayum.

"No!" Loudpaw screeched, throwing his head up to the sky. "No no no!"
Spottedpaw just stared at her mothers body, her eyes wide. "There will be one, who's light will shine on wings..." She whispered.
Haha what? This is such an inappropriate time for a seizure, Spottedpaw.

Rainleaf lifted her head, her intense grief for her old friend making her voice thick. "What did you say, Spottedpaw?" Spottedpaw just curled up beside her mothers body and closed her eyes. Rainleaf pricked her ears, she heard something whispering. There will be one, who's light will shine on wings...
May I comment on how this is probably the worst prophecy ever? How about how this cat will affect the Clan? They might as well have just said "Mary-Sue incoming."