Chapter 6- Dragonclaw's Weakness

Embersoar woke to the sound of brisk paw-steps outside of her makeshift bush- den.
"Let's sleep in a spiky bush"

She hated the  displeasing squishy-Thorny feeling of her sleeping place, but she was so exhausted and sore after the day before, she was glad to flop down anywhere!
I bet you were ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It had been two moons, an  her training had become more intense. Harder. More complex. What were they preparing for? Embersoar knew it was the battle against Lavapride, but this was just... off.
Ya think?

All of a sudden, Dragonclaw's head blocked out what light was filtering through the dank branches.
D A N K  B R A N C H E S
Embers is a closet meme lord

"Come out, Embersoar." He mewed gruffly, sounding somewhat nervous. "We're going to be late."
For what? Embers failing to understand anything? Do we need to actually be late for that?

Embersoar yawned.

"Okay..." she grumbled sleepely, stretching. "I'll be out in a heartbe-"
For once Embers is relatable

"No!" Dragonclaw growled nervously, surprising her. "Out, now! On your paws!"
Dad whyyy

Embersoar darted out from under the bush, her tail twice it's size due to shock.
T h e r e  i s  n o  a p o s t r o p h e  i n  t h e  w a y  y o u ' r e  u s i n g  t h i s  w o r d 
S T O P

OKAY EVERYONE QUICK GRAMMAR LESSON SO I DON'T HAVE TO SEE THIS ANYMORE
When you use the apostrophe in "it's", it's really "It is" in abbreviated form.
So, you could say "IT'S ALIVVVEE" but not "It's tail twitched angrily."
See? Please tell me it makes sense omg
ANYWAY BACK TO THE STORY

Almost as soon as she was out of the bush, a heavy, furry weight squashed her into the damp earth.
Excuse me

"Hey!" Embersoar exclaimed, frightened. "Get off me!"
"Oh, okay I'll let u go"

Embersoar gasped as she felt claws tear at her flank, sending scarlet drops scattering across the  marshy grass.
FITE THEM I STG

Embersoar slid gracefully out of the other cat's grip with a triumphant yowl, only to freeze in panic.
Aw y

The cat Embersoar was facing was at least twice her size, and had many, many battle scars. By looking at him, she guessed he was half lynx. He had a dark gray pelt with black stripes, black tufts at the tips of his ears, and glowing yellow eyes.
Oh shoot
I still like my half-lynx children

"Hmm," The lynx- cat rumbled thoughtfully. "You have trained her well, Dragonclaw."
Thanks??

"Embersoar," Dragonclaw's meow was a bit shaky. "This is Thornstar, and he is the leader of L- S- S- Skypride...."
Oh if your tough boyfriend is scared you should be too

Thornstar turned his mighty head dominantly, his yellow eyes flashing. "Dragonkit?" He mocked in a higher voice scornfully. "Did you have a nightmare? Go back yo the nursery. Everything will be okay."
This is out of character wtf

Embersoar would have laughed, but Thornstar's tone was so menacing, and Dragonclaw looked so hurt with a deeper meaning... so much that, instead, she flooded with anger.
Oh god don't you dare

She leaped at Thornstar.
Oooof course

Embersoar, what are you thinking? She thought as she flew through the air at the unsuspecting fat, useless, lump called Thornstar. Do you have a death wish? What are you doing?!
Yes, and what kind of flowers do you want at your funeral?

Her claws pulsed with power as she thought of an answer. I am defending Dragonclaw's honor.
I would sooner die than just stand there.
And here and now, death is very likely.
*Five seconds later*
(Minecraft death announcement)
"Embersoar suffered a lapse of intelligence."