Chapter 6- An Old Friend

Silverteeth blinked open her dry, itchy eyes to bright white light and surprise.
I'm alive?
Oh hey, congrats on not being dead.

Silverteeth stood up on shaky paws, wondering why... why did her back hurt so bad?
Take it from Embers. She'll know what to do.

Silverteeth twisted her narrow silver head around to groom her silky silver fur... to find a huge surprise.
SPIDER

"AHHHHH!!!" Silverteeth screeched, leaping backwards and loosing her balance, toppling to the fluffy whte ground. "ow..."
Did I hallucinate? Or was that-?
SPOODERMAN

Silverteeth slowly stood up, inching open her tightly shut eyes. She twisted her head around to look again to see.... oh, great Skypride....
...... SPIDER ON SPOODERMAN?

Silverteeth unfurled large pure white dove wings. They glittered and shone in the bright, happy light of Skypride.
Oh. Well, close enough.

Silverteeth's heartbeat sped up, making her tremble uncontrollably, and her breath quicken.
No, no, no! Don't faint... don't faint....
Actually please do. You'd end this chapter a lot like Leafshine's and then Cliché Prophecy with Three Different Characters will become Embersoar's Story once more.

Silverteeth flashed her silver paw up to her own narrow face, and slashed a shallow wound, bringing the sting in an instant. She lifted her paw so she could look at it to find it dripping with her own blood.
Woah where did that come from? Should I put a trigger warning on this??

Silverteeth stared at her paw until she felt a light touch on her shoulder.
She's possesssssed

"A-Are you okay?"
Take a wild heckin guess.

Silverteeth turned her bloodstained head around to face the cat.

It was a dark gray tom light gray stripes and yellow eyes. Silverteeth stared blankly at him until she realized...
No, no flashbacks please-

~~~~~~~~~*Flashback*~~~~~~~~~

The dogs.
Brightheart, cover your eye, child.

They came like ghosts, for they were on her in an instant.

She had been hunting, and still had the rabbit's blood on her jaws from burying it.
Silver is doing something uninteresting when tragedy strikes.

The pain was like fire ripping across her silver face, then her chin, then her throat.
Well that's... graphic..

The dogs left, thinking she was dead. They were almost right.
Well, dogs are stupid.

°°°°°

"I- I'll never let you go, Silverteeth..." Coalstripe, her best friend, sobbed softly into her ear.
Never let go, Jack..

"Coalstripe" The world was slipping away... "I- I was hunting.. a- and I caught a rabbit... but..."
Dramatic death scene continues.

"I know..."

There was thick red blood everywhere. Blood on her paws, blood in her eyes, blood leaking out of her throat... and the sky... it was getting brighter...

"Silverteeth?"

"U-Under our willow..." Silverteeth whispered to Coalstripe. "My prey... feed it to the kits and queens..."
*Cringes at cliché request* she's dying and she tells her best friend (and possible love interest) that she got food?

The willow was a secret place in a hollow just outside of Lifepride territory that only Silverteeth and Coalstripe knew about. Silverteeth and Coalstripe would sneak off and play, getting away from their duties.
Young lil' whippersnappers and their slackin' off.

"Silverteeth?" Coalstripe meowed, pressing his cheek against her blood soaked cheek desperately, pleading. "Silverteeth?!"
That isn't helping, Coal.

"Goodbye, Coalstripe..." Silverteeth rasped, watching some darkness overtake the growing light in the sky. "Goodbye, best friend..."
Coal gets friendzoned right before she dies.

"NO!" Coalstripe screamed with agony wrenching his heart, tears came like small streams down his face. "Please, Don't go! I need you! Silverteeth?!"
... and is reasonably upset.

Darkness overtook the light and everything left her mind, her eyes, her life.
Buh-bye.

Then she woke up and met Embersoar in that dark place.
Wait, why did she end up in the dark forest?

~~~~~~~~~*Reality*~~~~~~~~~

"C- Coalstripe?" Silverteeth sputtered, surprised to see the young tom.
And why is he here?!

"I fed your rabbit to the kits and queens..." Coalstripe smiled a little, a single tear dripping down his dark and light gray face.
*Sad violin*

"Coalstripe!" Silverteeth yowled in pure happiness, and tackled him playfully. "Coalstripe, Coalstripe, Coalstripe!"
Yay, you're dead!

Coalstripe played along, letting them roll over and over in the cool lush dew-dropped grass until he landed on top, as always. They both laughed, and stood up, shaking their pelts when...
Lion king confirmed?!??!?

"Hey, Silverteeth, what's on your back?" Coalstripe meowed, squinting at her silver fur.

"Oh!" Silverteeth meowed, taken by surprise. "I- this is crazy," She began, looking shy and embarrassed. "Well, I think I have wings..."
You think?

Silverteeth and Coalstripe stared at each other for a moment.
Is this really awkward for anyone else?!

"No kidding?" Coalstripe meowed in wonder.
Well, you saw them.

"No kidding."

"Well," Coalstripe meowed, still in awe. "That. Is. So. AWESOME!"
Oh, okay.

They both did the tackle-roll-land thing again.
I was too lazy to describe it again this is the best lazy writing I've ever seen omg

"So," Silverteeth gasped, out of breath. "How did you end up in Skypride?"
Do tell.

Coalstripe's eyes darkened. "I went after the dogs that killed you, right after granting your last request."
Like an actual idiot. Also, Swiftpaw flashbacks.

Silverteeth tackled him again. "You stupid, stupid cat!" She yowled playfully, not wanting to cry anymore. "Well, at least I caught the best rabbit ever!"
And you're just brushing this off?! He died in his own stupidity for you to try and get la-

Coalstripe didn't react. "I don't like to joke about death."
Oh. Well, that's a way to end a conversation.

"Oh," Silverteeth stopped rolling, digging her bloody claws into the earth and started grooming her face and claws. "Sorry."

"It's fine," Coalstripe meowed, amused. "I was pretty stupid, though,"
Personality switch

They both laughed and played in the last of the warm sunshine until the sun went down.
I'm so confused?!

A/N: Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't updated lately! And happy 2015! Soooo btw somehow, Coalstripe kinda reminds me of Swiftpaw... (Tear)
Stay Swaggy,
~Swagtastic98

^above not commentary
2015? Dang, that's a long time ago.