Bucky x Reader #2

Bucky stared into the mirror. This is not him. This is what HYDRA made him into..., made him do things he never intent to do. He clasped his hands to his face and sighed.

"Bucky?", you knocked on the door, "Are you home?".

"Y/N, i'm here...", he called from the room. You walked and see him by the bed.

"Are you ok?", you asked as you approached him and pulled him into your arms. He held you as if his life is hanging to it.

"I'm scared... i'm afraid if i have to lose you...", he said. He's still remembering all the things HYDRA had suppressed for 70 years. He met you at a HYDRA lab. You were forced to work there due to your high IQ level and capability in science since you worked with Banner once before the Hulk was born. The two of you bonded when you were tasked to fix and maintain his arm and the two of you decided to run after the Helicarrier incident. Both of you are now in hiding at a safe house brought by Stark himself. Cap came by time to time to see how Bucky's doing.

"I'm here. We're safe. Don't worry...", you said.

"I'm scared i won't be there to protect you. I can't lose you...", he said, holding you tighter. You couldn't say a word but you hugged him back and kissed him as a reassurance.