Carter Baizen x OC from I Still Love You

(AU - To those who are still reading the 'I Still Love You' fic (https://my.w.tt/bQcfERn7b7) , don't read this because spoiler and a death of a character)

Charlotte rubs her growing tummy. Just months back when she wanted to tell Carter that she's pregnant, only to find him with Serena van der Woodsen. Comparing to her, Serena's more beautiful and she looks perfect by his side.

"It's ok, baby, mummy's here and we'll be together. I'll keep you safe and I love you so much", says Charlotte. She gives birth to a baby boy, whom she names Charles after his grandfather.

Charles grows up to be a well respected NYPD detective. He get married to Lucy and have a son name Daniel, but Charles's life is short lived when he dies in the line of duty.

Charlotte sends Lucy and little Daniel home first since the young mother is still in shock of her husband's death. "I know, Lucy. I was young too when I raised Charles", says Charlotte, trying to comfort her daughter-in-law.

Suddenly, Carter arrives. He looks older than the last time Charlotte saw him, but that was years ago. He tries not to give away any emotion, but fails.

"How?", he asks.

"Shot, trying to protect the innocents", says Charlotte, "Go, Carter. It's not your family to mourn".

"He's my son", says Carter.

"That title was revoked the minute you left me for Serena", says Charlotte.

"Charlotte please...", he begs, but Charlotte won't take any of it.

"Don't, Carter. Don't pretend to feel remorse for a son you've abandoned years ago for another beautiful woman", says Charlotte.

"I've always love you, Charlotte. Those women, they're nothing to me. They're not you", says Carter. He kisses Charles's head before leaving and Charlotte wipes away her tears.

At the funeral, Charlotte sees Carter, standing from afar. After the funeral is over and as everyone leaves, Carter remains behind to place a rose on top of Charles's grave.