Bucky x Reader #46

(POST IW - ft Steve Rogers)

You walk down to the subway station. Some usual faces are no longer there. The nice lady at the deli, the newspaper guy selling outside the station or..., him.

When Thanos left, half of the universe population disappeared. Sam, Wanda, T'Challa and God knows who else. You don't know if Tony made it or not.

"(Y/N)? Steve?", you and Steve turned to see Bucky slowly turning to ashes. You ran to him, but it was too late.

Wanda probably felt more pain. She lost her family, then her twin and now her love. You know how she feels now.

As you step in front to wait for the train, you turn to see a bearded blond man, wearing a cap, sunglasses and jacket. You smile, knowing who he is.

"You doing good?", Steve asks.

"Y'know, half of the universe is gone so I bet the people after us are most likely dead", you say.

"Then why is your hoodie up?", Steve asks.

"Old habits, I guess", you say.

"I know it's hard..., after Bucky, but we need all the help we can get", says Steve.

"Even if we got the gauntlet, I doubt we can bring back people to life", you say, wiping a stray tear.

"We can, (y/n). I know we will", says Steve.

"God, I miss him", you say, voice breaking.

"I know. We'll get him back. I promise", says Steve.

The train arrives and you watch it leaves. You turn to Steve, who nudges his head and you gladly follow Captain America into battle once again.