Jack Benjamin x Reader

*Reader is a maid who has a secret relationship with Prince Jack*

You enter and found Jack curling on the floor. "Your Highness?", you call out. He turns and you can see his red eyes and you can hear soft sobbings.

"Why life is so tough on me?", he asks.

"Everyone faces difficulty, Your Highness, not just you", you say.

"Then, why do you smile all the time?", he asks again. You kneel next to him.

"Everyone has their way to overcome the difficulties in life. I smile because I just don't want to be sad and I can't stand other people being sad", you say.

He moves his head and lies down on your lap. You know, as a maid, if you get caught like this, you'll be in trouble, but you can't help but to caress his head and cheek.

"Your Highness, the floor is cold. I'll help you to bed ok?", you say and help him up.

You tuck him in and before you could leave, he pulls your hand. "Your Highness please, we can't be seen like this", you say.

"King Arthur can marry a maid and make her queen. Why can't I?", he asks.

"King Arthur lived in a fairy tale world and we don't", you say.

"I wish I live in that world", he says, "Y/N, I need you here with me".

"Your Highness you know I can't", you say, even though you know that is a lie.

"Come back here later, use that secret tunnel ok?", he says.

"I'll try. I can't promise", you say. He get up and pulls you for a quick and deep kiss. You are breathless when he let you go.

"I'll wait for you", he says.

*

You got fired for making a little tea spill, but somehow you knew that you got fired on purpose and you knew that all those late night rendezvous has consequences. You also found out that you are pregnant.

You arrive back to your apartment and is surprised to see Jack sitting in your living room. The first thing he does is to pull you in his arms for a breathless kiss. "What are you doing here?", you ask.

"I heard they fired you", he says as he rests his forehead on yours, "Are you ok?". You immediately place his hand on your barely there bump.

"I don't think they know, but I bet someone found out about us", you say.

"You're pregnant?", he says. He let you go and pace back and forth.

"I'm sorry Jack. I should've been more careful", you say.

"Don't be sorry. You know I love you and I love our baby. I'm worried if anyone finds out and tell my father, he'll kill you", he says, "Pack your things, just the necessary things".

You do as you are told. When you are done, you see him pouring oil all over the place. Once the two of you are out of the apartment, he throws a lighter and the place slowly lights on fire. Jack pulls the fire alarm and everyone scrambles outta the apartment, creating a diversion. He drives you to the airport and buys you a ticket to far away.

"Mexico?", you say. He stuffs a stack of cash inside your bag.

"Start a new life. Create a new identity and dye your hair. Do something to change your looks. I may never come for you, but I need you to be safe. I need you to take care of our baby", he says.

"I'll miss you", you say. He gives you one final kiss before sending you off.

*

Years pass by and no news from Jack. You take up a job at a local cafe. You give birth to a boy that you name after his father. At a young age, little Jack works after school to help you out even though you told him not to. The money that Jack gave is still unused.

You are working as usual on Saturday while little Jack is sitting at one of the tables, drawing. You are washing the dishes when you boss enters the kitchen.

"There's someone out there looking for you", says your boss, "He's talking to your son".

You walk out and your heart skips a beat. Jack is talking to your son and they seem to get along just fine. When he sees you, he hugs you first. "You come back!!", you say as you cry in his arms.

"I have to", he says.

You sit down with him and your son. He has passed his right to the throne to his uncle and came straight here. Your son somehow knows in his heart that Jack is his father. As you walk home, Jack has to carry little Jack, who is fast asleep.

"He's a smart boy", says Jack, "The first thing he asked me was 'are you my dad?'".

"Of course he is", you say as you caress the boy's cheek.

"And you look after him. I'm grateful for that", he says.

"I'm his mother. Of course I take good care of him", you say. At home, he places little Jack in his bed and goes off to join you in your bed. He shows you a small box.

"Marry me?", he asks. You turn and stare into his eyes. "I'm free to do whatever I want and I want to start a new life with you. That is if you agree", he says.

"If no one objects during our wedding, then yes, I'll marry you", you say. The two of you share a passionate kiss and night together in each other's arms.