Intro

Charli
"This is exhausting," I say as I flop onto the bench in the changing room of the club.

I hear echoes of agreement from the rest of the girls. We just got done with work for the night and we barely stopped dancing the whole night because of the tips we were getting. Although my father has plenty of money and pays for my apartment much to my slight dismay, I like to be independent. I live in a nice apartment in New York, quite close to my parents. Now, this is a good and bad thing. I get to see my father all the time., and he's my favorite person on the planet. But my mother, the devil that wears lipstick, she's always hated me. She says anything and everything to put me down. On bad days, like when my father leaves for work, she beats on me. Slaps me, punches me, and pushes me. With my dad away most days, he has no idea what goes on, he understands that mom resents me, but he's under the impression she ignores me. That's most definitely false. To get my mind off my mother, I took up waitressing at a club, although my dad doesn't encourage me to have a job. I also dance on stage sometimes, and I'm pretty good at it. I know that may be confusing, I work at a strip club, but the girls don't just do stripping, we also do burlesque, which is a lot of fun. I don't have much confidence, my mother never let me build myself up. She drove away all my friends, except the ladies at the club, especially Cam, she's the girl I've known the longest and trust the most, so you could say we're best friends.

Meanwhile...

Xander

"So this is their leader. He just took over the Sicilian Mafia. Now he knows that with us on his side, he'll be almost invincible, and vice versa. If we take his deal, we'll be cutting ties with the Castellano Mafia. It's up to you, boss." My second in command, Carter is giving me the rundown on mafias and gangs that want alliances and partnerships with us. I walk to the window that overlooks the city of Chicago. 

"When can we meet with them?" I ask him, still looking a the view.

"He said at Club Alcatraz, tomorrow, in New York. 9 PM." He tells me. I nod.

"Set up a few  guards to come with us." He nods

"Yes sir. Anything else?" 

"No. let's go home."