Chapter 3

Charlie's p.o.v.

When I got back home with my parents, my father told me about his upcoming business trip. Which was not good for me. My mother smiles at him but I know what it really means. I help my father pack and we say our goodbyes. I kiss my father's cheek before sitting silently on the stairs, just wanting to get this over with. After he leaves, she turns to me and smirks. The abuse starts and continues until her affair comes around. It's not like I can do anything against her. The one time I almost escaped, she found me, pushed me down the stairs, and dragged me back to the house. After George came, I scrambled upstairs to rest. What can I do to help bruises except for taking a hot bath or putting ice on them and resting? Nothing, so that's what I do. That is, until the doorbell rings and my mother yells,

"Get the door!"

I went downstairs and quickly moved across the living room, passing Mom and George doing who knows what. When I open the door, I was met with no one. I look down and see a huge bouquet of my favorite flowers. White roses. Next, to the flowers, are two boxes with To Charlie on them. Without my mom noticing, I run upstairs with all of the gifts in my arms. Once I'm in my room, with my door locked, I plop them down on the bed and close the curtains. I notice a note slightly hidden in the bouquet and take it out to read it.

White roses are a symbol of purity and innocence. They remind me of you. Beautiful, pure, and innocent. I will be seeing you soon, love. - XK.

My eyes are wide as I read this. Although slightly scared, I can't help but think, who would ever want me? My eyes wander over to the boxes that lay next to the note. Should I open them?

Better make sure they aren't bombs or something. I open one of the boxes. It held a very cute  matching set of leegings and a sports bra, and Nike Air270s.

"Why would someone ever buy me things like these?" I say aloud. Is it from my father? Then I remember the note.

I open the other box to find an iPhone XS Max. Activated and everything. I'm so confused.

" Get the fuck down here!"

Xander's p.o.v.

I dropped off the stuff I got my baby girl to have until I get her for myself. Which won't be too long. Of course, I wouldn't kidnap her. I plan on telling her parents that I'm her soulmate, I'll explain who I am, and then I'll have her. No matter what. If my girl is at least 18, they won't be able to stop me and they'd know it, too. It's not even a bad thing. Their daughter is going to be the queen and light of the mafias and gangs of the world. She would own almost everyone and everything. Carter and I decide to stake out at her house until the morning so I could have a sense of comfort knowing she's safe for the time being. A few minutes later, we hear a yell from inside the house and thought nothing of it at first. But when we heard a crash, and a blood-curdling scream clearly coming from my girl inside, I called my guards and booked it to the house and "accidentally" knocked the door down in my haste to get to my soulmate. My blood runs cold at what I see.

Charlie's p.o.v.

"What?" I ask as I get downstairs. I see my mom looking at me with a sneer. I cower back, trying to sneakily make it to the stairs but stop when I see George looking at me with glazed eyes. Now, I'm the one with the look of disgust on my face.

He hands her what look to be hundred dollar bills. He walks towards me with a sickening smile on his face.

"What are you doing?" My breath quickens as neither of them answer me.

Realization washes over me and I look at them with complete dread.

"Mom, dad has plenty of money. You have an allowance tha-"

"Shut up and take it." 

I need to get out of here. I go to take a step back, but George is right on me before I can even blink. He quickly rips off my shirt, revealing my bruises and my sports bra. I try to get away from him, but he catches me, I don't even make it a foot away. I scream out as he throws me into the coffee table, making me hit my head while breaking it. He climbs on top of me as I try to sit up.

Moments before I black out, my blurry vision sees the door being knocked off its hinges and the guy with the tattoos that chased me out of the dance studio came running in, tackling George and punching him repeatedly. I lose focus as I try to stay awake, and the tattooed guy runs up to me minutes later. He picks me up, and cradles me in his arms, whispering how sorry he was. He looks at my bruised stomach and he lets out a weird growl.

"Pack all of her stuff and bring her things to the car." He says as he takes a hoodie from a guy that I assume he came with, and puts it on me. The last thing I hear before I black out is him saying,

"I'm so sorry I wasn't her faster baby girl. I promise you will never be harmed again... Take them both to cells. Not an ounce of mercy."

Xander's p.o.v.

My baby girl was about to be raped. My thoughts wander to what might have happened if I wasn't there on time. I saw that nasty old man on top of her, with the woman, who I now know is her mother, watching with a stack of cash in her hand while laughing. I was livid. The guy wasn't the man next to her mom at the show. It's clear he was either the step dad or an affair. I tackled him off of her and knocked him out before rushing to my princess and whispering how sorry I am.

Seeing her like this makes me want to rip my hair out. I look to her stomach and growl. I tell one of my men to pack her things while putting a hoodie on her. She blacks out as I bring her to the car...

Once they get to my mansion, I take her to my room and take off her shoes so she can be comfortable. I tuck her into the bed before putting sweats on and taking my shirt off. I get in bed with her and pull her towards me by her waist, only remembering the bruises when she whimpers as I touch her tender skin. I bend down to kiss her bruises as if that will make them magically disappear. I'm angry at myself for letting her get hurt. I could barely believe that someone who looks so fragile could withstand that type of pain. Not to mention I don't know how long this has been going on. All I know is that this won't ever happen again. I WILL make her the happiest girl on earth. I'll do anything for her, and bow to her every whim. No matter how weird it may be. She will be mine forever from now on. She will be spoiled rotten, courtesy of me. I drift off to sleep while my thoughts wander.