Chapter 5

Amara's p.o.v.

David just got shot. By my uncle's hands. I felt it, too. You know why? Because the bullet went through him, and into me. It hurt. A lot. My uncle. Basically just shot me. Not me, but my mate. My other half. What am I supposed to think exactly? I mean, he doesn't know that David is a werewolf, or that the shot went through him. But he does know that I love this dog, and he just shot a few things that I relied on: David and my stomach. I don't hate him, but right now, as I lay with the pain of a bullet wound, I find it hard to not think of many ways I could get back at him for doing this. David looks very worried. He heals without pain, but I'm not a werewolf. It hurts. Still hurts, oh, when will this end? My family grows concerned when they see my face contorted in agony.

"YOU. MOTHER. FUCKER. THE FUCKING BULLET WENT THROUGH HIM AND INTO HER! HOW? HOW CAN YOU BE SO CARELESS? STEPHEN, CALL THE DAMN HOSPITAL, I'LL DEAL WITH YOUR STUPID ASS LATER. Sweety, it's gonna be alright." I hear my father say. I see David disappear. But I know he'll be back. In human form to care for me.

"We need to bring a doctor here. Now!" Mason says. My brothers stay with me and my cousin shakes his head.

"It'll be too late. David, the human, is a doctor. His house isn't far from here. Let us take her there." My father is reluctant but he nods anyway. They carry me to the car while putting pressure on my wounds. Which isn't helping at all. They better hurry up before I stop breathing. Oh, what am I doing? Oh, just fading in and out of consciousness. Before I black out I hear Davids voice telling my family to stay in the living room as he rushes me to a white room.

"You're gonna be ok, baby. I'm not letting you leave me. I love you so much. It's ok to go to sleep, my love. There you go." He coos to me. And I was out.
When I wake up, I immediately look at my surroundings. I'm in a dark room under a very large and warm comforter. As I try to move, pain sears in my abdomen. I remember the events that led up to this moment and sigh. What the hell is wrong with my family? A few minutes after I settle back down after a lot of pained whimpers from me, David walks in. Once he sees I'm awake, he rushes to my side, looking me over to ensure I'm comfortable.

"How do you feel, love?" He asks.

"Honestly? I don't know. I mean, the wound hurts but, I'm struggling to realize if I should or shouldn't be mad at my uncle." David grumbles something about wanting to eat my uncle for dinner. I laugh, but of course, it hurts like hell.

"Oh, I'm sorry this happened. If I hadn't shifted, this wouldn't have happened.
I wish I could give you my rapid healing, but I can't." David whines.

"Well, I know something that will make me feel better," I say.

"Anything." He states firmly.

"Shift and cuddle me till I'm better. With a bandage where they shot you so it'll be believable," he nods rapidly and hands me a dark red marker, and a bandage similar to my own. I try to make it convincing, and once I'm done, David calls his beta to tell everyone to come to see me. He quickly shifts as I put the bandage, with the colored marker on it, onto the side that has his dried blood on it. I lay down, slightly reclined and David lays on his unbandaged side on my lap and we close our eyes just as we hear heavy footsteps. All of my family come tumbling into the room asking me if I'm alright. My father, loudest amongst them. The chatter comes to a halt as the see David.

"What's he doing here?" My brothers all ask.

"He was hurt, too. Besides, I'd rather have him here." I mumble.

"Well, we'll allow it, for now." my father says.

"I don't want uncle Carter to be punished." I rush out.

"You don't get to make that decision and even if you did, why would you choose to forgive him?" My brother, Greyson asks.

"Well, he is still family and if I accidentally shot him, I know I would be forgiven," I say. They all look at each other, knowing I'm right.

"Besides he can tend to David and I until we're BOTH better. Now that he is part of the family again. And if ANY of you decide to go against this wish of mine, I will castrate you." I say. They all gulp. I pet David and him curls into my non-injured side to comfort me.

"Now leave, please," I say finally as my family takes a good look at me before reluctantly leaving. I sink down into the bed with David and almost fall asleep when I decide to roll onto my injured side. I yelp and jump up due to the pain. I land on the ground. David shoots up into panic mode, looking for me. I groan and he snaps his head to see me. His eyes widen and he runs to me immediately.

"Close your eyes, my love." He tells me. I do so and I hear him shift. He picks me up and puts me onto the bed again. He lifts my shirt and hisses. I hear him grab something and feel pressure on my stomach. He works for about ten minutes before I feel a fresh bandage on my wound. We hear a knock and David shifts again. I quickly put the 'bandage' back on him, since it fell off.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"The beta." someone whispers.

"Please leave," David whispers back.

"I just wanna meet her." He says whining slightly.

"Later." My mate replies. We hear grumbling on the other side of the door and footsteps sulking away. I laugh.

"He seems sweet," I say. David growls and moves closer to me.

"No," He says. "I'm sweet."

"Yeah, you are."