Chapter 8

Charlie's p.o.v.

A few days later...

Xander and I are fighting about me spending a lot of time with his dad. We spent ONE HOUR alone talking about sports while playing pool. And he's being a butt about it. He's been yelling and it's scaring me.

"Yeah, one hour too long!" He yells from outside the bathroom door, to which I have locked myself into. Crying my eyes out.

"You can't just control everything I do. I'm not and object. This is your father Xander. If you really trust me this little, than maybe we need a time out. This is ridiculous. Grow up." I yell back. I text Xander's mom and Cam.

"No!"

"Only until you get over this dumb thing about me not being able to be around people that YOU dont want me around. I can make my own decisions."

"I don't care if it's just a short time. You are not leaving."

"Xander, we both need this and you know it." A few seconds of Xander banging on the door, denting it, his father and a few other men come and drag him away.

"Honey, it's Cam and mom." The soft voice of my best friend calls. I open the door and they tell me we are going on a road trip for fourth of July in Oklahoma. I can hear Xander plea to his dad to let him inside as we pack.

"Baby, please don't leave." From the tone of his voice, I can tell that he's close to crying. I know I need to stay strong and go, but a good bye won t hurt. I run downstairs to see him and his dad at the door. As he sees me, he runs past his dad, and engulfs me in a hug. No words are said, he just holds me. Stay strong. I convince my self to let him go. His men hold him back as he tries to get to me again, failing, but getting there.

"Goodbye," I say before booking it upstairs. I see Cam and mom at the top.

"You did great." Cam says. Now, let's get this show on the road.