Chapter 1

Tristan's p.o.v.

We're at dinner in a homey café that we come to often. We put on the best shows for everyone by throwing things at each other and running around.

"Try me." I say and then chase after him as everyone laughs. All of a sudden, no ones laughing, but gawking at something nehind me. I look at Jason to see him pointing at the door. I turn around to see Alaricus glaring at everyone. Including me. Wondering what I did wrong, I face him and put my head down. I hear his foot steps come closer and look at everyone. They are frozen in their spots.

"Leave." He growls lowly, everyone scurries to get to the door and as I try to pass him, he lightly grabs my arm. Sparks shoot up my arm and I jump back. I look up at him in alarm. Jason grabs my hand, but Alaricus growls. He let's go.

"Tristan stays, you go." Jason looks at me and I shrug, not knowing what's going on either. He walks out hesitantly and I look at the ground once again.

"So, what's your deal with that guy that tried to grab you?" He asks while taking a seat in Jason's previous spot. My mouth falls agape.

"Th-thats all?" I ask. He shrugs.
"We-ll, he is a-a friend that ac-ccepts for m-me." I answer.

"And that's all you will ever be." He reassures. I look at him confusedly. I nod a little.

"I d-dont mean to be rude, b-but did you h-have to kick e-everyone out? A-And my friend too? We w-were having fun. Why d-do you ev-ven care?" I ask him. He raises his eyebrows.

"Why do I care? Why did I kick everyone out? Well bud, I'm sure you've recognised me as the CEO of Genisis Co. and know that I'm openly gay," He starts. I nod.

"I wanna take you out." He states bluntly. My eyes widen. I don't even know him. I shake my head softly.

"Hun, I'm not you are understood my question.-" I cut him off.

"I d-do actually. I do-don't know you v-very well. We would n-not Even work. I'm n-not as rich a-as you. I-Im not rich a-at all. W-We are too diff-different from one anoth-ther." I try to explain. He clenches his fists in anger.

"That does not matter," he grits out. He walks closer to me as I slowly take a few steps back. He growls at the action.

"Just because I'm a big CEO doesn't mean that I care about whether my significant other has money or not.-" I cut him off once more.

"I know. B-But, I just, its h-hard to explain. Well, uh I-I. I do-don't like being hurt O-OK? It's not r-really fun." I say.

"You think I'm gonna hurt you? I would never hurt you." He says. He took it wrong.

"N-Not physic-cally. T-Trusting people not-t to leave me i-is hard. A l-lot of people I-I've trusted have hurt m-me. I'm not t-to keen on t-trusting people. S-See," I look around to see if anyone is looking and lift up my shirt to prove a point. I have a scar from my dad.

"When my m-mom died. She s-said she wouldn't l-leave but she did. My d-dad hurt me a l-lot. Aft" ter a few y-years, he l-left too." I say. I look back up at him and gasp. His eyes are wild while looking at my scars. I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it. Loudly.

"How dare someone touch what's mine! Argh!" He yells and throws a plate.

"C-Clam down! You can't just th-throw things! I-Its s-scary." I stumble with my words. He faces me.

"Listen, you are my soul mate. I've been waiting for you forever and I'm not going to let someone hurts what's mine!" He yells.

"B-But only g-gangleaders and m-mafia get s-soulmates." I say. He pulls up his sleeve. I see a tattoo and look back at him.

"M-Mafia?" I ask. He nods. I take a step away from him. Oh, if I wasn't afraid then, I definetly am now. My breath starts to quicken.

"No no. Please don't be afraid. I'd never ever hurt you. Not in a billion years. Please don't panic, please." He pleads. I'm his soulmate. How? Why me?

"I-I-." I try to say.

"Don't talk. Just breathe." He says. He gathers my shaking form in his arms and walks out of the café. People and papparazzi swarm around us. He takes me to a car and sits in the back with me in his lap. The driver speeds off. I can't argue because I can barely breathe.

"Hey, it's alright little one. Its gonna be OK. You're alright. Calm down." He coos. I start to do so and he rocks us back and forth.

"I-I'm not good e-enough," I started to struggle, but he holds on tight. "I-I can't even love mys-self. How will I l-love you? I-I can feel someth-thing for you b-but-." He cuts me off.

"Shh. Don't worry. Theres no way one knows how to love another. But don't worry. I have enough for the both of us right now. I want you to live with me now that people have seen us together. Its not safe and I'd love to hold you in my arms while you sleep. Speaking of baby, you look tired. Go to sleep." He says and kisses my forehead. I let my thoughts wander while I fall into oblivion.
Live with him? Forever?...
👔👔👔👔👔👔👔👔👔👔👔Words:1001