Chapter 5

Charlie's p.o.v.

After Xander and I were comfortable cuddling each other on his bed for a while, I decided to voice the thought that's been floating in my mind since I've wakened.

"Where's my mom and George?" He stiffens.

I shouldn't have said that. Oops. He sits us up and glares at the bruises on my tummy. She knows, she shouldn't be concerned about them, and she's not, but no one can blame me for wondering.

Xander

"Baby," I say as I lay us back down, crushing her into my side in a comfortable way.

 "They're in my dungeons. I contacted your father personally to let him know what happened. He'll be here as soon as possible. You never, ever have to worry again." I have a feeling she knows I didn't just mean her mom and George, judging by my sincerity.

Charlie's p.o.v.

A while later, Cam called my new phone, not telling me how she got the number. She asked me if I wanted to go to the dance studio to dance for a while. After ten minutes of arguing back and forth with Xander, he let me go as long as five guards accompanied us, as he has 'work' to do.  agreed as long as Lucas could come. Anyone would think he's jealous of Lucas, the reason being, is that when I mentioned his name, he growled lowly, but complied with my request. On our way there, it was extremely boring. Well, for me. They all just kept pinching my arms saying I'm "too skinny",  and now, I'm gonna have little bruises and pelts everywhere. Boo. We arrived and I went to the locker rooms and changed into my new dance outfit Xander got for me and met up with Cam.

I don't understand why he has to spoil me. I don't need all this stuff, but Lucas told me to get used to it.  I hate being spoilt. I literally had to force my dad to stop buying me everything that I look at.

"Cam, why do you think my mom hates me?" After I ask this, I can clearly see everyone stop to look at me with shocked expressions, meeting my solemn one.

"Oh, hunny," Cam says and hugs me as she sees tears in my eyes.

It's clear she can't answer me because no one knows. I don't get it. I have never wronged my mother. Ever. Even as I go back to when I was young, my mom never loved me. For no reason at all. I only realize I'm crying when Cam is wiping tears off of my face and Xander's guards are crowding around me with soft looks. Why was this is all hitting me now? I wonder.

"It isn't fair. I never had a mom to be with me, the only time she was with me was when she was beating me and telling me how worthless and weak I am. And I think she's right."

Cam takes my hand and walks across the street to the mall. She brings me to rue 21. Cam has always known how to cheer me up without words. You see, we have a secret hideout in the middle of the store where the racks of clothes are like 7 feet tall and in a square. We just sit and talk for a while, when we hear a crash come from outside. A husky deep frantic voice then says,

"Where is she?!"

Curious, we go outside of the store.  see a scared group of guards getting yelled at by a very angry and worried Xander.

"She was talking to her friend about her mom and started crying, and she took her across the street, sir." One of the guards said all in one breath.

"Wait, all this telling is because of me? You don't need to scare all these poor pedestrians, Xander what's got you so worried?"  asked, confused about how frantic his eyes are.

He snaps his head to me, and relief washes over his eyes. He runs over to me and looks at from head to toe. As if looking for any injuries, or any new ones. Once he sees me unharmed, he hugs ...

"Xander, what's going on?" I ask as we enter, as he says, 'our' room, taking my shoes off.

"Baby, you have to listen to me and I don't want you to freak out. And, I promise I'll keep you safe." He says sharply with a solemn look. I nod, wanting to know what's troubling him. The words that come out of his mouth have me shaking violently in fear.

"Your mom and George escaped. They left a note saying that says they'll come back for you later. But, Angel I promise I'll keep you safe. No one would ever dare to cross me and especially not my girl." He says while kissing my forehead.

He picks up my shaking figure and lays us on the bed. A lot of thoughts run through my head as I cry. What if they get me? What if I decide to go out to get milk, and they catch me? I don't want anyone to get hurt. I hate this. I hate them. They've ruined my self-esteem already. What else do they want? My thoughts are cut off by Xander s promising voice,

"Yore mine, until we kill these assholes, you will never leave my sight. Wherever you go, I go."

"So, if I have to go to the bathroom, you have to go with me?" I ask genuinely confused after calming my cries. He chuckles

"Innocent little one you are. That doesn't count baby. Just whenever you go out of this room." Xander says as of if he's talking to a two-year-old.

"Oh," I say softly.

then feels a few feather kisses on my neck. He bites at a few spots. He smiles at my neck with pride in his eyes. That ass. He left hickeys on my neck. Oh well. Xander lays me next to him staring into, what I think are, ugly puffy eyes. pretty sure I look like shit; however, he's looking at me like I'm the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. But that ain't gonna fool me. I turn around, not wanting him to see my potato of a face. He pulls me towards him by wrapping his arm around my waist and on my stomach, making me whimper slightly. He frantically turns me around and looks at my stomach.

"I'm so sorry I let that happen to you," Xander says sadly, looking anywhere but my eyes.

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't know. It was nothing new for me. My mom did that. Not George. You already know what he tried to do. It doesn't matter anymore. It's in the past now. I don't want to be reminded of it anymore. Can we please just let it go for now?" I ask as I urge him to look into my eyes with my hands. He gives me a sad smile.

"Sure, my love." He cuddles me to his chest. And we slowly drift to sleep...