Chapter 2

Amara's p.o.v.

I walk around town with my brothers and father, seeing as they have today off. That almost never happens nowadays. My cousins and uncles are filling in for them. As long as they get to spend time with me tomorrow. We brought David because I refuse to go anywhere without him.

"I still dont see why a dumb dog could be of any use to you Amara. We're the ones protecting and sheltering you." My brother, Greyson whines. David growls at him.

"If you ever think of taking him away from me, I will chop off your dick and feed it to him." I say, completely serious. My brothers and fathers noticed I wasn't joking and scratched the back of their necks. I look at David to see him staring at me with his tongue out. I shrug.

"David wants ice cream." I say and walk into the shop. Everyone orders.

"Will have the green tea, please. Two scoops." I say and look at David. He's looking at the sherbet.

"A bowl of sherbet, please as well. Two scoops." I say. He looks at me.

"Fatty." Johnson snickers, even though he knows its for David. I fall into an involuntary flashback.

"Go ahead, eat it fatty. Thats all you'll eat this week. You need to lose weight." He says and throws me a small peice of bread.

I feel tear in my eyes as we walk to sit down. They don't notice as they talk about business. A whine and a nuzzle snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah. Here's your sherbet." I say and out it next to me. He ignores it and nuzzles me more. He licks a tear that I let escape.

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just, certain words kind of set me back into that place. It's fine. Don't worry." He hesitates but starts to eat. I do the same. When we finish, we get up to walk to the park. No one is there, so we decide to play tackling tag. When Mason gets tackled by Johnson, he goes directly for me. I just stand there, knowing I can't run with the scar on my leg. They seem to have forgotten everything thats happened already. But, my body sure hasn't. He tackles me and I make no move to catch myself to try and avoid opening up wounds with movement. The one in my stomach is the only one that opens up thankfully. I still can't move even as he gets off ioff me. He looks at his shirt and sees blood.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Shit!" He says. My family rushes to me, but I hate it when they crowd me. Before they reach me, David jumps in front and growls. They stop.

"I knew it was a bad idea to get him. What if he hurts her?" Greyson asks.

"Hunny, are you alright?" My dad asks.

"Yeah. It just stings a little." I say. David growls as they try to come closer and turns when I lift my bloody shirt off of me. He runs to me and sees all of my wounds. He licks the biggest one and it stops bleeding. He then lays an my stomach to cover me up.

"Seems like he knows how to dress code a lady." Jason whistles. I roll my eyes. My dad gives me his hoodie to put on, so David gets off me. We arrive home and see that my uncles have already made dinner. We sit at the table while my father still fawns over me.

"Dad, stop. I'm fine." I whine. He chuckles.

"I'm just watching over my little girl..."

David's p.o.v. (bish whet?)

You weren't watching over her when she got kidnapped now were you? But I'll never let her get hurt again. She's my mate. Once I reveal who I am, I will take her with me. No matter what. Her family can't get in my way because I am more powerful than them. I am Alpha King, David Knight. Ruler of all werewolves and I was searching the Packs all around the world for my queen when I saw rouges. I killed them all but ended up getting badly hurt. So bad, that I had to resort to going to the Vet since I was stuck in wolf form. They took me to a shelter after I was partially well. Then, twelve men came and 'adopted me'. Then, I saw her. I smelt her right when I entered the house. I didn't want my mate to meet me like this, so I growled at her when she got close. I heard her sniffles after a minute and all resentment was completely lost. I snuggle with her now and I'm really losing patience with her family. How could they just let that happen? I know I would never let that happen to her. But, I'm still glad I found her. I already love her. She's sweet and I know she can feel our bond. I mean, she talks to me and she understands me and snuggles up to me without even acknowledging that I'm like 5x bigger than any dog or wolf ever known to humans. As we walk across the house after dinner, I growl as her cousins and uncles crowd around her. They take out their guns and point them at me. I growl more and Amara stands in front of me.

"Dont touch him!" she yells.

"He was just looking out for me." she motions me to follow her to her room and I look at all twelve guys smugly. They glare intensely at me and I fake whine for Amara's attention.

"Dont you dare glare at him." She snaps. We go into her room and she does her routine with the locks. I really hate what she's had to go through. It's not fair to her. But i guess fate has it's own plans. She sits down on her bed and I curl beside her. She pets my fur and i grumble in approval. What? I'm a dog.

"Why are you so big?" She asks me. I stiffen in surprise. I guess, its time to show her? No. I can't. Not now. I sit and think for a while. I have a plan. I will runaway, and introduce myself to her as a human. When the time is right, I will reveal my wolf to her. I'll run tomorrow. I really hope this doesn't hurt her. I never want to hurt her...