Chapter 3

David's p.o.v.

I growl playfully at her.

"I'm not calling you fat, you're just bigger than all of the dogs I've seen." She shrugs. I roll on my back and on top of her. She giggles and tries to get up. I lay on top of her.

"C'mon David. Be nice." I get off of her and she sits up on her head board. I realize that I need to spend as much time as I can with her. I'll miss her more than ever. But, i'll come back when she's ready, in my human form. She gets her phone out and puts it on her camera. She sits next to me to take a selfie.

"Smile." she tells me. I do a wolfish smile and she laughs while taking the picture. At least she'll remember me. She goes on Snapchat and goes to the dog filters. One goes on her, and the other goes on me. A dog with a dog filter on him is pretty funny. She smiles widely and I do too. Kinda.

"Hey, wanna print these out? Just you and me. We can go get ice cream after. You have to wear this therapy dog collar if I want to take you inside, though." She says. I grumble in disagreement. She frowns and pouts.

"Please?" She pleads. I can never say no to her. My wolf can't even say no to her. I take the collar, indicating for her to put it on. We walk outside after yelling out to basically nobody because they're all in her dads office in a meeting. There is a driver waiting for us to take us to Walmart. I've never been there, so this should be fun.

"Where should we go first?" My sweet little mate asks herself after giving the picture drive to the employee.

"Oh!" She gasps and walks forward, me following her. We take many twists and turns but when we get to the candy isle, she squeals. My precious Amara. Just thinking of anyone hurting such a sweet angel makes me sick to my stomach. She's an amazing, caring person. Her family should know that. So why would they just let her be taken. Sure, it was a sneaky kidnapping, but I know I would never, ever let such a sweet soul be alone for even a second. Well, that's gonna be hard for the time being, seeing as I'm the only comfort and happiness that Amara currently has, and I have to leave her. But only for a little while. After a few minutes, I see a few dorky guys eyeing me. They see my collar and smile kindly. They approach me and one guy asks Amara,

"Can we pet him, please?" She turns around to them with arms full of different candy's. She nods. They scratch behind my ears and pet all around my fur. I don't make any noises, but I close my eyes at their gestures.

"I may regret asking this, but why do you have a therapy dog miss?" one of the guys speak up.

"Oh no, it's alright. I just have a hard time being around people without him due to current emotional problems." I smile at her answer.

"Well, we're really bored and wanted to ask you if you wanna come to the park with us? We love dogs, but we aren't allowed to have any pets at the orphanage." another guy says. Hmm, seems like they need a therapy dog, too. I'll see what I can do once I shift back tomorrow. Amara looks at me and I nod. She nods eagerly at them and we all walk to check out after getting the pictures. They look at the dog filter one and laugh. I think I like these guys. They don't seem to be a threat. And they look to be ranging from 10-14 years old. We walk out to the park and Amara takes the itchy collar off. I bark in thanks. I run around with they boys and my chest puffs out in self pride when my beautiful mate praises me with lots hugs and and an ice cream scooo in a bowl that's right across the street. Oh I'm gonna miss her so much. She tells the boys bye after a while and we go to our driver. We get to her home to see her VERY pissed off family members. We get out of the car and I growl at them.

"Where were you?! Do you have any idea how worried were about you?!" Her cousin, Stephen yells. I growl at them. They all look at me.

"It's him. It has to be. She's never done this before." Her father said.

"I yelled out that we were going out. You can't blame him!" She yells, but no one listens to her, of course. She should never be ignored. I growl at them to listen to her.

"We should never have gotten him." Her uncle says. She starts to cry when they point their guns at me.

"Beat it, dog." Mason says.

"NO!" She sobs. I look at her and all around. I start to choke on purpose to get something out of my throat. Don't judge me. Where else was I supposed to store things? I cough the object out and make sure she's the only one to see it. She takes it while she hugs me and pockets it.

"How?" She whispers. I decide to reveal myself before running off.

"I love you." I say. She gasps. I hear a gun shot.

"I said beat it, dog!!" Her brother yells again. I run away.

Amara's p.o.v.

I stand there, shocked. I know that's not the last time I see him. Yea, heard him speak. But, I'm not just gonna say that to the world. I knew he was different, but I didn't know he was THAT different.

"Amara?" My father asks hesitantly. Suddenly, I'm burning with rage.

"How could you?! The first thing that has ever made me happy, and you just throw him away?! It's not like you actually cared enough to spend time with me anyway. He made me happy! You guys haven't made me happy ever since... since... And when you finally get something for me that helps me, you make him leave?! How could you?!" I scream and run inside. They all run after me. Greyson and Jason tackle me to the ground, tearing open the scars on my back and stomach. Jonah, Daniel, and Alex seem to be the only ones with common sense, as they help me up after seeing my bloody shirt. Jonah stays behind to keep everyone away as Alex and Daniel carry me to my room.

"I'm sorry they did that." They both say in unison as they finish wrapping up my wounds.

"I just don't get why they're so selfish." I sob. They both hug me as I cry.

"This won't be the last time you see him. We promise." Alex says.

"What does that mean?" I ask them. Daniel hands me a piece of paper and tells me,

"Open after you meet a familiar stranger." I furrow my brows as they leave. I can't dwell on it much, because soon darkness consumes me.

Alex's p.o.v.

A few hours ago, before my cousin got up, a certain 'dog' shifted into a human before Jonah, Daniel, and I's eyes. We heard him out, and then went completely ballistic. He explained EVERYTHING to us, and by the end of our conversation, we agreed to help him get his mate. We're still slightly freaked, but who are we to mess with fate? So, we made up a story saying that damn dog made her go out without their permission, resulting in what is going on now. We know that now she will only talk to us because we helped her, so we can help them communicate. Kind of. However, he didn't tell us that he was gonna talk to her and make her feel crazy. After seeing the look on her face from afar, we knew he said something to her. He said that he'll contact us when he's ready to reveal himself to her. Until then, we have to take care of her and protect her. I hope this works out.

2 Months Later...

Ring... Ring...