Chapter 3

Tristan's p.o.v.

I'm on my way to work in the car that Alaricus assigned me to. Well, more like he told me that I am going to have a driver from now on, and arguing with him for like an hour. We get half way there, but there was a stop light. I hear sirens from afar and look to my left. I see nothing as the sirens get closer and closer. I hear honking and see pointing, and I know whats gonna happen. I finally look out my window, to see it's too late. And, darkness...

Alaricus's p.o.v.

I am in a meeting, when my PA bursts in with tears streaming down her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask her as I tell them to hold on. She starts blubbering and wheezing.

"T-Tristan! H-Hurt! Hospital." My world stops. No. Not him. No. No! He wouldn't leave me. He won't leave me. He's mine! I rush to the only hospital in the city and when I get there, all hell breaks loose.

"Where is he!?" I scream at the receptionist. She cowers in fear like everyone else who got in my way after finding out my baby boy's room. I open the door, and close it. I stare at the wall, because I'm afraid of what I'll see when I look at him. Tears well up in my eyes as I finally set my eyes on him. I sob lightly. I walk to his bed and get a good look at him. His arm, in a cast. His leg, propped up but in a cast as well. Bandages on the front of his head. Bruises popping out of both casts and cuts from glass. Tristan is unconscious.

"Baby? You gotta wake up. I just found you and I can't lose you. Please dont die on me. I'll do anything. Anything at all. The only thing you have to do is wake up. For me?" I plead to him. The doctor walks in minutes later.

"I'm sure you already knows what's going on, Mr. Genisis. It seems as if he is under your care, so what ever you want to do with him is up to you." He says to me. I sniffle and pull myself together for a little while, knowing I'll break down when we're for sure alone.

"Would it be safe to bring him to my house. You can take what ever medical supplies you need." The doctor thinks for a while.

"As long as few doctors and nurses are by him at all times." I nod.

But get him a way bigger bed. One that makes it so you can still check in on him, but I get to stay next to him all the while." I command.

One day later...

As the doctor sets up the last of Tristan's things, I command him to leave. Once I know I'm alone, I break. I sob like a little baby. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm a CEO and Mafia leader, who is very successful in what I do. But what does it matter now? I'm nothing without him anymore. The only reason I built this life, was so I could make my soulmate live a luxurious life. Now, here I am. Waiting for him to wake up after he had a car accident because I did not have time to pay enough attention to him because I just had to be at work. I need to fromd the people that are responsible for him being like this. But thats for later. Right now, I need to focus on my soulmate. I crawl in bed next to him and make sure not to move any of the needles in his non-broken arm while I cuddle him close next to me. I fall into darkness...

The next time, I wake up, is when I'm surrounded by doctors. I look at them angrily unto I feel a pinch on my side. I look to my right and see Tristan. Awake and, of course, in pain. My eyes widen when I realize he's awake. But all I can do is smile brightly at him, since I can't jump on him.

"Baby! You're awake! Are you feeling alright? Why would I ask that? I know you're in pain. I'm so sorry I let that happen to you. I'm sorry. I really am. I want to rip my hair out knowing that you're in any pain.-"

"Babe!" Tristan yells, stopping my rambling. I realize the doctors left.

"Dont w-worry. They filled me in a-and checked me while you w-were asleep. They also t-took the needles out. C-Can we get out of this bed? I w-wanna go into ours. And if you s-say its your fault one more time, I'm go-onna cry because its not. It w-was that driver o-ok?" I nod sadly and pick him up, careful not to jostle him. He relaxes in my hold. I carry him to our bed and tuck us both in carefully.

"Rest baby. I hope you know that in never gonna let you out of my sight." I say as I drift into a deep sleep.

"I f-figured." He mumbles sleepily. We both fall asleep...