Chapter 4

3rd person p.o.v.

The day after David left, he knew that his wonderful mate would be heartbroken. So, he decided to send her cousins, that are working with him, flowers everyday to make her feel at least a little bit better. Of course, they had to say it was them who got them for her. This went on until The Alpha King felt his Queen was ready to know about him and his kind. The two months were hell for him. Knowing he had to wait for her to get better emotionally before dropping the ball.
Amara was no different, though. If anything, she got emotionally AND physically worse. She got flowers everyday from her two cousins, and "in turn", had to eat at least a Cup Of Soup. She didn't sleep, and she was bothered all day by the people who told her puppy to get lost.

"Amara. It's dad. And everyone else except for your cousins who are in there with you. It's been two months since you've talked to us. We heard your not doing well, too. We want you to know how sorry we are. We love you so much and we were just trying to look out for you. We didn't want to lose you again. Without you, we're all tearing apart. Can we please see you? We'll try to make it up to as best as we can. Please?" She hears sniffles on the other side of the door. She doesn't know why she hasn't talked to them. She just felt, detatched. From everything. Those flowers also had a certain scent that she just couldn't get away from. She sighed. She was ready to get better. Amara walked to the door and opened it, immediatly tackled by her so called 'family'. She looks to see all of them crying, in bad condition, but not as bad as hers. Once they stepped back and got a good look at her state, they started to cry even worse. Her father the loudest. Wow. She didn't know she was that ugly. But what that guy said was right, she thought,

"You are an ugly, fat whore!"

She knows that now. She hasn't had a shred of self-confidence since David's been gone. She walks past her 'family' with tears in her eyes and into the living room, sitting down on a sofa. All of a sudden, the door is knocked on. The family immediatly gets out their guns. No one knocks on the Morreli door. Who could it be? The door opens and a man, about 6'6 walks in with about 10 other men. Unarmed? Amara stares at the blank tv in fear.

"Um... Mr.Knight? What are you doing here?" Her two cousins emerge from the stairway.

"I would appreciate it if your fmily would lower their guns." He says. She knows that voice from somewhere. She stay lookng at the tv but she knows this Mr.Knight is looking at her. In her abbsolutely horrible state. He walks to the two and whispers harshly.

"I told you two to take care of her." They look at him in fear and walk to Amara. They pick her up and turn to her family.

"You guys can talk to her at dinner tonight. She's tired and she wants to take a nap." Daniel says. They walk upstairs and David trails behind. She looks at his suit curiously while he just stares at her. They make it to the room and she is set on the bed. She gets up, goes to her closet, and minutes later, she emerges in leggings and a hoodie. She flings herself at David, much to everyones surprise.

"Ahem, miss Amara, what are you doing?" David hesitantly says. She pulls away from him and he immediatly whines. She slaps him. He whimpers even more.

"That is for leaving me, then sending flowers with your scent, and showing up at my door as a human, David." She scolds him.

"H-How did you know I'm a werewolf?" He puts his head down in shame.

"How could I not? You're bigger than a normal wolf, you don't shed, you whispered in my ear while I was almost completely asleep, and you TALKED to me before you left me. Two months is a long time to think about things, David. I connectes the dots. Now please, explain to me why you didn't think I was ready to know, so you left me alone and vulnerable." David felt worse and worse with every word she said, and by the end of her speech, both of them had tears in their eyes.

"I thought, that you would be scared of me. And that you would reject me if I didn't give you time away from me." He whimpers, sitting on her bed and watching her cousins walk out and close the door to give them some privacy. Amara's features soften and she opens her arms up for him to climb into. He shifts in front of her eyes and crawls to the head of the bed, laying on her.

"I did a lot of research while you were away. I'm your mate. I wouldn't do that and look at us now, I'm agreeing to be yours, David. Because youre important to me as I am to you. I need you, and you need me. You healed me in was I didn't know I could. Amd even though you were a dog, I could still feel the connection." She says. David's wolf eyes meet her own. He puts his snout on her nose and rubs them together. Just then, her family barges in with her two cousins trying to distract them. David growls at them and stands in front of her protectively.

"You damn dog!" Her father yells and gets out his gun along with the rest of the family, ready to shoot. Amara immediatly moves in front of her mate. Her families guns go down. Her cousin, Stephen, speaks.

"Sweetheart, why don't you go downstairs and do online shopping or something."

"You aren't going to hurt him." She grits out.

"How could you care about a dog so much, that you'd jump in front of a bullet?" Her father asks. David gets fed up of all of this and gets back in front of Amara, still growling.

Bang! Bang!