Chapter 1

Amara's p.o.v.

I sit on my window sill looking at the forest one story down and across my room. My brothers have tried to get me to eat. But, every time I eat something, I taste him. That nasty man. Then I throw it up.

"Hey Amara, we have a surprise for you and we know you'll like it. We want you to come outside the back." My eldest brother, Mason, told me. I got curious and decided to go out back. I gasp and for the first time since I was kidnapped and hurt to no end, I smiled. I ran up to it, and petted it. I looked like crap with my spandex and long buttoned up flannel but oh, well. He was a wolf. A very big one. He didn't move as I reached out to him so I'm pretty sure he's domesticated.

"I love him." I say

"We'll leave you two alone, but tonight, you have to try to eat." My father says as I walk up the stairs with the wolf following. We make it to my room and he instantly lays on my bed as I lock the door. I do the same cuddling up to him. He growls when I get close and I freeze. I turn back around, my emotions getting the best of me as I start to tear up. He was right, nothing could ever feel for me. I hear a whine as I sniffle and look at the huge dog.

"Just some bad memories. That's why my family brought you, to make me happy. You see, I was kidnapped and beaten and, and... I can't say it." I sob. The wolf snuggles up to me and growls.

"I know, I hate him to. He's dead now, thank god. I don't know what would have happened if I couldn't get to the phone on time." The wolf growls at hearing that.

"All you need to know is that, I'm not a virgin," I swallow the lump in my throat. "It wasn't my choice though." I say as the wolf growls once more. He looks me in my broken eyes and whines. I nod at him, letting him know I'm fine as I can somehow see concern in his human like eyes. Thinking nothing of it, I lay down on my back, ready to sleep. I put on my asmr rain and native flutes in my speaker as it soothes me. The wolf puts his head on my stomach.

"What's your name?" I ask him. He lifts his head.

"Type it? Sign language? Bark the letters?" I ask. He looks at me blankly.

" Alright. I'll say the alphabet and you nod you head when I have a letter in your name. I will un-scramble." I say.

"A." He nuzzles my stomach. I make note.
"B," Nope.
"C," Nope.
"D." he does it twice. Two D's in his name.

"Your not trying to say dad. Are you?" I ask him. He huffs.

"...I." He nods. DDAI. David?

"David?" His ears perk at the name.

"Alright well, David, I'm tired. Let's sleep. I love you already." I whisper and as I fall in to a deep, deep sleep, I feel arms snake around my waist and a voice whisper,

"Rest well, my beautiful mate..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to David, still sleeping. His fur weirdly not sticking to my clothes. I giggle as he licks his nose in his sleep. He wakes up. I curl up close to him and poke his wet nose. He growls, but not in a mean way, more like in approval.

"We're gonna feed you and see my family." I say. He trails after me as I make it o the kitchen. My brother, Jason hugging me, but getting slightly held back by the dog in between us. I chuckle and head to the counter to sit on a stool. David sits on a stool next to me. I let him eat tons of sausage.

"Hey get down, boy." My cousin, Max, says. The wolf turns his snout up and down, as if to check if he, is talking to him.

"Calm down, dude. He's OK. Aren't you David?" I coo. He grumbles in delight as I scratch his ear.

"That's a human name." Alex says.

"Alex is a dog name." I say. He pouts.

"Hermione can't draw,
Hermione can't draw, Hermione cannot draw,

She only reads books and she cannot draw. Even if she reading a 'How to Draw' book." I sing.
"Hey ,you still doing that play? You are the only once who can be a female, AND be an evil boy who wears a diaper." My uncle, Carter says. I look at David.

"Yea, but I'm tired. I'm gonna take a nap. Come on David." I say. We get to my room and I lock the door and then unlock it, and lock it. I lay in bed with my wolf. He stares at me.

"If I don't lock my door, someone will take me. I think. That's where he took me from. I didn't lock my door." I say. He whimpers. I put on my rain sounds playlist and fall asleep with David. Once again, I feel the hands on my waist and the voice whisper,

"No one will ever hurt you again, my princess."