Chapter 17

Jacob's eyes traced the house in front of him. It was a small sort of cabin with wooden steps and a wooden wrap around porch. It looked old and sat at the beginning of a huge field. It had taken him and Hunter a few hours to walk to the cabin and they were in the woods for most of the way.

"Welcome to my home." Hunter stared at Jacob. He was excited to have his mate in his territory. When Hunter entered Jacob's room for the first time, he immediately wanted to lay on his bed and cover it with his scent. It hurt Hunter to have to resist.

It was an exciting time for any werewolf to mingle their scents with a mate.

Hunter led Jacob up the creaky steps and unlocked the door. The wooden theme followed it's way into the big kitchen and living area. It was small because it was only a studio, though, it was incredibly homely. Jacob found himself looking around. It was lived in and rather cluttered, but everything had its own place.

Before Jacob stepped any further, he took off his shoes and placed them neatly out of the way.

"You don't have to do that, it's fine." Hunter continued to watch as Jacob quietly hung his bag and his jacket up next to his father's coats and his mother's scarfs. He noticed how Jacob was a little tense. Introducing the human to a new place was the type of situation to spark his anxiety. "You can make yourself at home, Jacob."

Jacob tried to suppress an odd emotion which was building up inside of him. The way he said his name fuzzed his senses and his chest felt a burst of warmth. Jacob slowly walked closer. He was wringing his hands and his eyes were completely avoiding Hunter's beautiful grey ones.

The werewolf could only watch, a little unsure on how to calm him. "Would you like any food?"

Sam and Brad went home to give them time to be together. Hunter was still irritated about Brad's behaviour. Nobody was allowed to touch his mate, especially with hurtful intentions. He wanted to hurt his Delta wolf in return until he begged for forgiveness, but his parents raised him better than that. He had to put those thoughts to the back of his mind and concentrate on making Jacob feel welcome in his home. "Don't worry, I'm making some too," Hunter smiled and headed in the direction of the kitchen.

"Okay," Jacob chewed on his bottom lip and shuffled a little closer. He didn't know what to do. The more nervous he felt, the more his body was freezing on one spot like he was turning to stone.

Hunter could feel it. He wondered what it must be like to live in such a way that the slightest little thing could affect someone state of mind. He glanced at Jacob who was trying to encourage himself to walk over, but he seemed paralysed by his own nerves. Hunter stopped what he was doing and listened to his thoughts.

"Stop being so pathetic," Jacob muttered to himself. "Why do you always have to get like this?"

Hunter quietly approached him. He knew the struggles Jacob faced in his everyday life. The human was fine most days but new things really seemed to break him down.

When Hunter was only a foot away from him, he lifted a warm hand and placed it on his mate's shoulder. Jacob diverted his gaze to the floor and tensed. It only lasted for a few second. He was forced to relax because he enjoyed Hunter's touch too much.

"You want a hug, don't you?" Hunter's sparkling eyes watched Jacob frown and attempt to step back. He didn't give him the chance and pulled him closer.

"I don't-"

Hunter wrapped his arms around him as Jacob placed his hands on his chest to push him away but now, with Hunter's strengths, his arms were trapped like that and his body was pushed firmly against his.