Chapter 43

Everyone stared at Scott. Did he just say... a full god?

Jacob felt like he was in a dream. What he was hearing couldn't possibly be true but those words came from his dad, how did he even know about the werewolves?

"Is this," He whispered. "A joke?"

Hunter stared at his mate. He knew he was special although, he had no idea it was something as incredible as this.

"It's not a joke," Scott smiled. "I know it's crazy to take in but you've already accepted werewolves. It should be less of a struggle to come to terms with this."

Margo and her mother watched each other. They also knew he was unique and now, he was beyond extraordinary. Royalty of the wolves was sharing a bond with Hunter and they had no idea. But of course, they believed in the gods. Not everyone did.

"Hold on a second," Anthony frowned. "You've just walked in here and told us your son is a God and we're supposed to believe you? How do you know about us?" He was all about the facts and he needed solid proof before he could start to consider any of this to be true.

"It must be true," Margo turned to him and took his hand. "You saw the lightning appear from his palms and you saw how his body grew. if that's not enough proof for you then I don't know what is." She then turned to Scott. "I think I've heard of this... prophesy. Can you please explain it to everyone?"

Jacob was like a block of ice. He didn't move, he could only stare with disbelieve and great perplexity.

"Jacob?" Hunter questioned in his head. His mate almost jumped when he realised that he had switched their mind link back on. "Remember, you don't have to do anything, just listen and allow it to sink in."

Jacob found himself leaning into him to share their warmth. He really needed it right now.

"So, I know about the werewolves because they have been in my family for thousands of years. However, in the last five hundred years or so, they haven't because that is when the gods were destroyed. I-"

"By what?" Hunter interrupted. He was very confused about this whole situation and he has not heard about the prophecy before.

"No one knows. There are rumours that the gods fought with each other and nobody survived but what caused such an argument? That is a hole in the prophecy that not a soul can answer," Scott watched his son the whole time. The moment he looked like he couldn't cope, he'd take him on a walk and help him to clear his head. "Now, after the gods had left this universe, the prophecy was born. Our ancestors believed that this wasn't the end because the gods talked about the future and how they would be re-born through a generation in the twenty-first century. They seemed to know they'd die before it happened. We don't know why but it must be for a huge reason."

The silence when he stopped talking was filling everyone's ears with so many thoughts and questions.

"How many gods are there?" Hunter asked.

"There are rumoured to be eight gods. The god of beauty, wisdom, electricity, truth, earth, water, air and fire. But they are based around the world and if I've got my facts right, there is only one in the United Kingdom, and that's you, Jacob."

Jacob was listening but his mind seemed like it was a million miles away.

"So," Anthony sat forwards and linked his fingers together. "You think other gods are coming back through this generation?"

"I do. It's what I was taught to believe. It was my great, great, great, great, great, great... I think grandfather who was the god of electricity. So my grandfathers have passed it onto their kids and kept it going until it was time."