Chapter 76

"If anyone has any information about the whereabouts of the Omega wolves and fails to speak up right now, I will bring Jacota here to deal with you." Anthony stood in front of the huge crowd of werewolves. The city meeting started fifteen minutes ago. He spent the time explaining what has happened to his son.

Most of the werewolves were utterly disgusted and appalled by what Ricky, Jonah and Harrison did to Hunter. Yet some were not surprised. He is a very special werewolf and being mated to a God, people can get jealous.

A hushed murmur made its way around the hall as Anthony glared at their faces, showing his anger. He waited until it fell silent again and found himself being disappointed.

"Not one single person knows where they went?" Crossing his arms, he grasped the fact that they were keeping something from him. "Raise your hands if you knew there was a group of nonbelievers, plotting to kill the God?"

Slowly, not even a quarter of the wolves raised their hands.

Anthony glanced at his Beta wolf and they both understood that at least one person had more information.

"Jacob, can you come to the city meeting, please. I need your help." He knew he could connect a mind link with him now because they know each other well enough. The bond recognises family who is also werewolves.

It took a matter of seconds for Jacob to be effortlessly standing next to Hunter's father. Luckily he has had a shower and was dressed. Also, his landing was very smooth and he didn't even make a sound.

The crowd gasped and blinked back their confusion. Of course, being in the presence of Jacota meant only one thing. Everyone suddenly dropped to their knees and bowed out of respect.

Anthony turned, giving him an encouraging smile.

"Are you able to detect the liars? Nobody is telling me anything about the Omega's."

Still feeling angry about the situation, Jacob gladly looked around, spotting the weak minds and the nervous eyes. He could read people very well and a few members of the crowd stood out to him. Pointing at them would be awkward, so he stepped down off the stage and started weaving his way through.

He stopped next to a woman with trembling hands. Her blonde hair fell over her eyes however, he could feel her nerves.

"What do you know?" Jacob's voice made her flinch. He didn't want them to be scared of him, it wasn't the reputation he was building for himself.

"P-Please, I-I didn't mean to see anything!" She cried, breaking her calm expression.

"Stand up," Anthony boomed. "Tell everyone what you saw."

She climbed to her feet and Jacob stood back, giving her space.

"Yesterday, I saw Harrison and his family pack up and leave. They looked stressed about something but I didn't think to ask where they were going. I saw you searching his home shortly after. I should have said something."

"Did you see what direction they went in?"

"Yes, they went East towards the city centre."

"Thank you." Anthony looked around once more. "Is there anyone else Jacota?"

The God's wise eyes glanced around, finding a man who was staring at him with too much confidence. Being a little wary, he walked over.

"What-" The man suddenly jumped to his feet and flung his hands around his neck. Jacob instantly tensed as everyone around them scrambled back. Anthony gasped and jumped down from the stage. The man was threatening to squeeze the air from Jacob's lungs. His heart was pumping phenomenally fast.