Chapter 32

When Jacob's lessons were over, he looked a little pale and he was very distracted. He hurt a lot because he couldn't hear Hunter's thoughts, he was still asleep.

"Come on," Sam hated to see him struggle. "Let's go to Hunter's house. Does your brother know where you're going?"

"Yes, it's fine," Jacob breathed and followed him down the corridor. He didn't know what Hunter and his pack had been up to last night as he saw Brad glaring at them.

"Just ignore him," Sam said and stood closer to Jacob. "He's angry because he's not part of a pack anymore."

Jacob raised his eyebrows.

"He's not?"

"Nope. Hunter kicked him out last night."

"Why?"

"It's a long story," Sam sighed. "I'll let Hunter explain when we get there."

Jacob nodded and followed him through the glass doors and into the fresh afternoon air.

When they reached the trees and started walking through the woods, Sam studied him for a moment as they walked.

"What is it like?" He questioned. "To be mated with someone? I've always wondered what it would feel like."

Jacob thought about it and explaining it is a little hard.

"Um," He said quietly. "It's strange. I can feel Hunter even when we're not together." His voice was quiet but so are the woods, therefore, Sam could hear him perfectly. "I know how he feels all the time, I always know what he's thinking. I know how he feels about me and I've never felt so relaxed around someone. We feel close because of this, um, connection. It's hard to explain."

Sam listened intensely.

"That was the most I've heard you speak," He chuckled. "But it sounds wonderful. I want to find a mate one day."

Jacob wasn't sure how it all worked.

"Does every werewolf find a mate?"

Sam shook his head.

"Not everyone. Alpha's find them at the age of eighteen. But for the rest of us werewolves, we have to hope that we're lucky enough. Those who deserve it find them, Lunar Love is selected very carefully. There's always a reason why two people are brought together."

"Always a reason?"

"Yes," Sam smiled. He liked how interested Jacob is. He knew he could talk to him for hours and not bore him. It was refreshing because Hunter usually gets bored after five minutes. "You and Hunter are together because he needed you or you needed him. Or maybe, you're together because you once had wolves in your family bloodline or something. Or maybe you have some crazy Destiny rubbish to fulfil. I don't know," He chuckled. "There are endless possibilities."

Jacob released a small smile. He liked the idea of them being brought together for a reason.

"Right, I think we're far enough for me to change," Sam stood still and pulled off his t-shirt. Jacob didn't feel awkward, not like he is with Hunter because this is different. He isn't insanely attracted to Sam like he is with him. "Can you hold onto this? It's my favourite t-shirt and I don't want to rip it."

Jacob took it and put it in his bag.

"I know you've hitched a lift with Hunter before. How did you find it?"

"Um, it was- It was fun."

Sam nodded with a grin.

"Right, once I change, I can't speak to you because we don't have a mind link yet. But just jump on."