Chapter 52

"Mum, dad," Hunter said and walked into the kitchen. They were still at Jacob's house but the boys had been hibernating in the bedroom, not wanting to see Grace. Margo and Anthony turned to see what their son wanted. "Can I talk to you both for a minute?"

"Sure," Margo stood up. She could feel his great thirst to say something very important and she couldn't quite tell what it was. She and Anthony headed out of the kitchen, leaving Scott and Grace to be awkward with each other while Flora did her own thing.

Hunter and Jacob had been discussing in their heads if it was right to tell Hunter's parents about Grace's big secret. They decided that it would be easier to manage if there were other people to help Jacob get through it. Also, Anthony and Margo knew Nathan, Vic's father so maybe the could talk to him about who he is related to.

When they were in the garden, Hunter shut the door and took a breath.

Margo squeezed his arm with a concerned frown.

"What is it?" Her angelic voice calmed him.

"Well, when Jacob and I were in the woods earlier, we saw Grace talking to someone so we stopped and listened to her conversation," Hunter's voice was very hushed and his parents listened with a lot of care. "She was talking to Nathan, Vic's dad and it turns out that he's Graces' brother."

Anthony blinked a few times, letting the word brother sink in.

"That's definitely what you heard?"

Hunter nodded.

"She knew about the werewolves before Jacob was born. Nathan was bonded with a werewolf when he was eighteen because of his wife, Kayla being an alpha wolf and I think he told Grace about it. But she basically rejected him because she didn't want to be part of the wolf world. Scott doesn't know about her brother and she knows that Jacob is a God because Scott's dad told her when Jacob was little."

Margo's mouth was hung open. She could barely believe it.

"And... how is Jacob taking this?"

"He was a bit overwhelmed at first but he's taking it quite well. I don't know if I can say that after it all comes out in the open."

"We should keep an eye on him. He has a lot on his plate at the minute," Anthony ran a hand through his hair. "So right now, Grace is furious with Scott for lying about Jacob's birth certificate and she is pretending like she think's he's crazy, yet she's keeping this from him?"

Hunter nodded again.

"I've tried so hard to like her but after this, I really don't."

"After not liking your relationship and treating Jacob like a baby when we first met her, I've felt funny about her. Something never really sat well with me," Margo gently rubbed her son's arm. She and Anthony loved how there was never any secrets in their family.

Apart from Hunter finding his mate but he was scared and didn't want to tell them out of rejection.

"What do we do about his?" Anthony asked but quickly shook his head. "Actually, what does Jacob want to do about this?"

"Well we talked about it and I think he wants to be introduced to Nathan and his family to get his side of the story. Then he wants to see if his mum comes clean."

"That's a good idea," Margo nodded. "We better get back or they'll be worrying. Would you like Nana to know?"

Hunter nodded with a low chuckle.

"It's best to tell her. She'll stick her nose in until we do."

"That's very true," Margo grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist. She rested her head against his chest and hugged him tightly.